Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How did you adjust to the 8220? Myself, I went from a Pearl to a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ocanyc no está en línea Stack level 4

Any Blackberry QWERTY users?

Advertisement

How did you adjust to the 8220?

Myself, I went from a Pearl to a Curve. I'm familiar with the multitapping of keys but not sure I can go back to that.

I'm thinking of getting this 8220 until the Javelin comes out.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    I never could, I have a curve and my friend has a pearl, everytime i try and use his (im like argggggggggggggggggggg never ever ever never, will i go back. besides i hate flips anyway :P
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I used to think the same thing. I had a curve and then got a bold and now on top of that I got myself the 8220.
    The typing experience is really different from the pearl because of the bigger keys and the improved SureType software.
    I LOVE it and that's coming from somebody that could never put up with a pearl. You just gotta give it a chance its amazing
    I now switch between my bold and my flip and I'm as fast on both!

~via my flip BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I now switch between my bold and my flip and I'm as fast on both!

~via my flip BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Wow, so does that mean that typing with the bold is as fast as typing with a sure type keyboard, or just re-confirms that the curve keyboard is best?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    oh no im definitely faster on my Bold than on my Curve.
    The suretype on the flip is big the keys are so big that it feels like youre typing on two keys if you know what i mean.
    Basically if you give the flip a chance without any prejudices youll be rewarded!

I like the way you put it, I'll be rewarded

Well, I'm glad it works for you. Thanks.

I'm hoping others chime in as well.

zantopad no está en línea Stack level 3
    I went from a curve (8320) to the flip, and I can vouch that the SureType experience on the flip is the best of any of the pearls out there right now, and I am just as fast if not faster on the flip than I was on the Curve... (I loved the Curve btw, it is still one of the best designs out there today). What is great about the flip (as was mentioned earlier) is the large keys and the software. The 4.6 iteration of SureType is nearly perfect imo...

Thats good to hear. I must get to a TMO store over the weekend and play with one.
    I hope the suretype has improved. I remember on my old pearl, that suretype couldnt make out anything I was trying to type, so I would just shut it off.

I also recently upgraded to the .174 Rogers Official Release (I am on Tmo). It feels much smoother overall in regard to response time, hourglass, etc. The tmo release was not bad, but it would take a minute or two after boot up to really get to full speed... Just a heads up

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    good to know ^^ i upgraded immediately to the beta release (which happens to be the same version that rogers released) so now when i try to upgrade, it doesn't recognize the upgrade...i'll have to downgrade, then upgrade again...but so many are saying its making a difference. i get the hourglass a lot and i only have viigo running in the background.

Yeah Cherri in the 24 hours that I've had it it seems to have made a BIG difference in the overall snappiness of the phone... I definitely recommend! I usually only have Viigo running in the background as well

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah my flip came with 174 and ive never experienced lag on it its as snappy as my Bold!

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    i cant wait to get one!!!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    want to know something funny ? the biggest post on this thread was written by me; a one week in suretype user - lifelong qwerty user; on my 8220.
    So trust me the suretype on it is AMAZING.

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    I only use my 8220 for calls.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast