This is just curiosity on my part, but are there any applications that make use ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

fenrisswolf no está en línea Stack level 1

Question any apps that actually use the colored trackball lights?

Advertisement

This is just curiosity on my part, but are there any applications that make use of the four LEDs that light up the trackball?

It's just that it seems that other than ColorPearl, which can set it to a specific color all the time (I like mine set to blue,) I only ever see my trackball light white, even if it also has red, green and blue LEDs.

Now it may be that I just don't use the applications that use the other colors for something, or that I do not have the correct system settings to see my trackball change colors under different circumstances, like red for low battery, green for voicemail, and blue for email, or something like that.

So I'd like to ask and find out if anyone uses any applications that take advantage of the lights under the trackball, and if so, is it a useful feature of that app?

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

Re: any apps that actually use the colored trackball lights?

There is a program that is called "Pimp My Pearl". I don't know about the BB 8100 series, but I do know about the 8300 series. I currently have the 8310 and this program was only able to change my LED indicator light. It did nothing for the pearl itself. However, I do know that the BB Pearl owners can change all the LED lights on thiers. It just depends. Look up the HANDANGO website. The program can be purchased through them for $4.95. Since this program did not do the "pearl" as well as the the other LED lights on the Curve, they were great about refunding my purchase. Check it out, if it doesn't do what you want it to do, get a refund!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

There is also xColor Event, which allows you to set your trackball/Pearl to blink a certain color when you get an Email, or when a certain person/contact is calling!!

I have both Color Pearl, and xColor...I like Color Pearl better, but I switch it up every now and then

P.S. you can't use both apps at the same time

monica.simons no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    ASKME

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I was going to say xcolorevent also, although I didn't care for it. I just use colorpearl and change it up every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by monica.simons View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I was going to say xcolorevent also, although I didn't care for it. I just use colorpearl and change it up every now and then.
    Yeah...xColor Event is oookaaaay!! but I also like ColorPearl much better!! I also have xPlayer (which I LOVE)!!!...xTemplate wasn't all that great, had it for a day..and deleted it

iseeyou626 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23F3C9C7

ColorPearl is SWEEEEEEEEET, exactly what I was looking for!!! The guy also has a soft reset app and lock keyboard app. thanks guy's. I set it to random due to the fact i use a holster so it changes everytime...I am impressed

App is small and does what it says it does
    Last edited by iseeyou626; 01-11-2008 at 06:06 PM. Reason: of all the things i lost i miss my mind the most
    "Let each one prove what his own work is, ... and not in comparison with the other person." - Gal. 6:4

Yeah!! ColorPearl IS sweet........AutoLock and SoftReset are both kool too, if you didn't download them, you should!! they come in handy!!!

I got Pimp My Pearl (off Handango), its better than ColorPearl (IMO), you can change not only the color, but you can give it effects, Ex: Solid Color, Dimmer (fades in and out), Flash, Disco (flashes different colors), Rainbow (blends colors)....IS REALLY KOOL!!! and its not FREE, but its only $4.95