I really needed help a couple of days ago. My blackberry 8100 just went crazy, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

lcgtr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24ACB469

Antivirus for the 8100?

Advertisement

I really needed help a couple of days ago. My blackberry 8100 just went crazy, automatically starting sending sms messages to people on my contact list, starting making calls, and when making the call, it muted unmuted muted unmuted throughout the whole call. Nothing gets to me more then that. Then when I would try to scroll the trackball, it automatically selected whatever it was on the it acted like it kept on clicking until it reached the end of the program and then deselected and selected. It did that forever and i thought it was my os. but soon i took out the media card, then it worked perfect again ( and for some reason when i clicked the trackball, it wouldn't select). So now, I am looking for a antivirus software because i am very sure that i wouldn't want this to happen again. Almost wanted to break the precious blackberry lol. Any info on any free ware, or not to steep of a price, please LET ME KNOW! lol Thanks

PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    maybe i will post a video of what it did later on in the future. lol.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    WOW! Had no idea this was even a possibility on the BBs..... Keep us posted. Got me a bit worried. Hope it turns out ok 4 ya.

~via BB 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

gorcorps no está en línea Stack level 3
    How do you think you got a virus? Any virus that would come through an email wouldn't work, because they're based around executables that run in windows but a BB won't run them. My guess is an application you have installed malfunctioned, or there's a hardware problem (moisture bridging circuits, etc).

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    reload your OS

NightFire no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Wheel
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There are no known viruses for BlackBerry. As suggested above, try reloading your OS. And if there is any chance that your BlackBerry was water damaged, try placing it in a bag of uncooked rice overnight. It should draw the moisture out.

Dvl636_BB no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFire View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    There are no known viruses for BlackBerry. As suggested above, try reloading your OS. And if there is any chance that your BlackBerry was water damaged, try placing it in a bag of uncooked rice overnight. It should draw the moisture out.
    That's a wicked and smart tip!!

~via BB 8100: Red (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    24ACB469
    well i dont believe it was in my blackberry's os. I think it was on my media card, because i downloaded some music, so I believe it was in there hidden in the files. But Im just going to buy a new media card, since my 512mb wasn't doing the trick. Without media card it works perfect.

Mr_Carter no está en línea Stack level 5
    I don't want a virus on my BB.. That would suck. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~