I have been advising folks on PC Internet Security and now that mobile access is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dave_webste1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Anti Virus Software

Advertisement

I have been advising folks on PC Internet Security and now that mobile access is the norm I am being asked frequently about protection of mobiles particularly on the new 8100. Any body got any good suggestions. webster4us.com

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Anti Virus Software

There is no AV software available for BlackBerries. The email system only supports text email and can not execute a script, so there's absolutely no vulnerability there. Otherwise, there is nothing a BlackBerry can do to a foreign system to harm it.

Obviously, if a malicious program was downloaded AND Executed, it could do some damage - wipe data at most, but even the Bluetooth is restricted to data transfer and voice. It can not even broadcast spam to other Bluetooth devices.

By contrast, a Windows Mobile device is more like a Windows Desktop, so native email, which is more like Outlook, is vulnerable to scripting attacks just like it's Desktop counterpart.

Just as a point of fact, the Military and Government will use ONLY BlackBerry because it IS so secure.
    JerryD

EvolutionCSR no está en línea Stack level 5

As said above BB's are very secure, There is one Virus program for BB but its in Beta and I do not believe its open, Cant remember the name sorry.

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

What about the Pearls firewall and other content protection settings ?

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

I don't think BBs would be attacked with viruses ..if it is even possible. Spam is the most important upcoming problem imo.