I have McAfee's Anti-this and Anti-that Total Protection Plus blah blah blah for my pc ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pearlfox no está en línea Stack level 1

Anti-virus for the BB?

Advertisement

I have McAfee's Anti-this and Anti-that Total Protection Plus blah blah blah for my pc but now they are offering me a similar service for my mobile phone. It turns out that it is currently only offered for microsoft OS platforms, but is this something that i should be worrying about? Do really need another app on my phone to check if i have trojans so that i dont get worms, err, you know what i mean. But most importantly, is it ok to use my credit card info on my bb or log onto my online banking account?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Anti-virus for the BB?

You won't need that. BB are secure devices. Since they have their own OS they aren't as vulnerable to virus than Windows devices.

I can't log onto my bank account from my BB so I can't help on this one. Plenty of people do if their banks allows it.

pearlfox no está en línea Stack level 1

Thats a big relief. Just one more reason why i'm glad that i am going to stay with the pearl. How is it that you know soooo much about all this?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Just hanging around here. You learn ALOT!!!!

I'm constantly on my computer if not at work....the internet is a wonderful tool!

Trust me I'm not an expert...i've only had mine since december. I learned from the pros on here.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Just like Reddog said, this site is a wonderful source of knowledge... you will learn quickly too.

As for banking and credit card info... you can do banking but I have not tried doing anything using a credit card or doing purchases yet.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.