Hi Everyone To make a long story short, I replaced the whole covering for my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

thebigpaner no está en línea Stack level 1

Antenna Please Help!!!!!!

Advertisement

Hi Everyone

To make a long story short, I replaced the whole covering for my blackberry pearl. It's been a long proceedure, waiting for different parts in the mail and repairing using trial and error. And just when I thought it was all good....

I basically do not have the green antenna sticker that goes on the bottom of the phone, so the phone still gets reception but it is terrible and not even worth using the phone. After visiting many sites that claim that this antenna sticker http://www.wirelessgalaxy.com/blackb...ctor-combo.asp
    works on any mobile phone (bb pearl was mentioned specifically), I decided to buy 2 stickers. The problem is I tried installing it as instructed but it doesn't work! Does anyone know how to install this antenna booster sticker properly with the pearl, or if not how do I replace the original green sticker? what do i do? PLEASE HELP!!!

THANKS

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6
    Oh man...I don't

Lets see if someone comes along that can help!

ANYONE!!..

Just bump the thread every few minutes if no one comes along..good luck!

ya thanks anyone. i know i cant find any antenna help for the bb pearl anywhere on the net.ha im jonesing...

i hope someone knows something

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    If you no longer have the green covering over the antenna module, you will need to replace the antenna module itself. That green covering contained the actual antenna in the gold contacts that are traced on the green material. The product you linked to is not an antenna but a "supposed antenna booster" that is "supposed to boost antenna signal". You will most likely have to buy a damaged phone that you can part out to get that antenna. I will check with my parts guy and see if we might have one in house we can sell.

Zo

abcomputin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigpaner View Post
    The problem is I tried installing it as instructed but it doesn't work!
    But it did work. It is only designed to move some money from your account to the selling company's account, so, from that aspect, it worked. Some places will give them to you for free when purchasing anything else.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Where's the original?? Did you at least look to see where the thing actually goes before taking it all apart?

amigotek: thanks let me know
    abcomputin: very funny. i paid them 50 cents each anyways
    reddog: original ripped when i tried taking it off (since it was glued on) so its of no use. I do have an old pearl but I'm hesitant to try to peel it off and then re-glue it to the new one.

Abcomputin: why then do i still get 1-2 bars of reception (outdoors only!!) if that green sticker was the antenna itself?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigpaner View Post
    Abcomputin: why then do i still get 1-2 bars of reception (outdoors only!!) if that green sticker was the antenna itself?
    You get the 1-2 bars because the phone still has the antenna contacts which do act as an antenna but with very little surface area. My tech notified me that we do have a used antenna cover (came off a damaged housing) that we could resell if you don't trust yourself on pulling it off of the other unit you have.

Zo

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Ok I'm lost are we looking for the actual antenna?(Green thingy). Orjust Cover?

kingrykku27 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    2444409C

im lost as well...

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post

Ok I'm lost are we looking for the actual antenna?(Green thingy). Orjust Cover?
    From my understanding of the op it is the actual antenna. Even without the antenna if you are in a location that has strong enough signal (4 or 5 bars normally) you may be able to pick up signal with just the contacts on the board.

Zo

so would i have to glue it back on myself? how much you want for it?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6
    It is held on with double sided tape. Yes you would have to reinstall it yourself unless you wanted to send it to us to do the work. It is $10 plus shipping. Message me if you want it.

Zo