Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

When i talk on speaker phone i can not switch back!!! Wat is wrong?? Also ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jennif4855 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Another problem & question

Advertisement

When i talk on speaker phone i can not switch back!!! Wat is wrong?? Also does this phone have a way to record videos? Oh and one more thing if you activate push to talk does at&t charge you for it? Or only if you use it?

Jenn
    Last edited by jennif4855; 11-07-2007 at 02:56 PM.

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Re: Another problem & question

you should be able to press the same key to turn off speaker phone. the 8100 does not have video recording which i frowned upon as well, but can live without. As far as the push to talk feature. Yes AT&T has an optional plan for that to purchase. But really is a waste personally to pay for.

PIN/ID
    ask me!!

oh.. if by pressing the same keys does not work then remove battery and wait like 15 seconds and then see if that cycles the os on your bb. Are you using the newest os for the bb? 4.2.0.71?

Yes i am using the newest one. And yes i did try pushing the same button and this has happ to me every time i use it. I have took out the battery to reboot but not for that reason. As for ptt if it is showing the ptt symbol on my phone does that mean i am being charged? I didnt know you had to pay for that until i set it up and i only know one other person who has ptt and a blackberry phone. I cant believe that this phone does not have a video player on it!! That does suck and you would think that you pay that much d**n money for a phone it would have close to everything on it!!! I was even surprised that it only had one game on it. Ugh i am leaning more and more towards the iphone. I mean i love this phone and all but you cant find very many themes or wallpapers for it and i use jamster and the wallpapers do not even go all the way across my screen there is white showing on the sides. Is there maybe a way to change that as well? Sorry i am just trying to figure out this phone.
    Jenn

PIN/ID
    ask me!!

It does take a bit to get use to it.. I was the same way with the bb but found everyday more and more things that could be done. Its just being patient about everything. There are always ways to fix things. Thats why i ove it here at pinstack. People are great here. As far as PTT yeah mine has the icon to but it has to be setup through your carrier for it to work right, but also you have to pay for the PTT service. and for the jamseter im sure there wall papers are set to more of flipphones screens then they are with blackberrys. But dont hold me on that.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

You will not be charged for ptt cause its not enabled! there are plenty of app you can download in the download section. Also B play has great games if you dont mind paying for them. Bout you speaker not turning of after you use it, try going into the menu and turning it off that way

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Quote Originally Posted by jennif4855 View Post
    Yes i am using the newest one. And yes i did try pushing the same button and this has happ to me every time i use it. I have took out the battery to reboot but not for that reason. As for ptt if it is showing the ptt symbol on my phone does that mean i am being charged? I didnt know you had to pay for that until i set it up and i only know one other person who has ptt and a blackberry phone. I cant believe that this phone does not have a video player on it!! That does suck and you would think that you pay that much d**n money for a phone it would have close to everything on it!!! I was even surprised that it only had one game on it. Ugh i am leaning more and more towards the iphone. I mean i love this phone and all but you cant find very many themes or wallpapers for it and i use jamster and the wallpapers do not even go all the way across my screen there is white showing on the sides. Is there maybe a way to change that as well? Sorry i am just trying to figure out this phone.
    Jenn
    Also the BB 8100 has a video player, it just doesn't record video. You can play downloaded videos (such as full length movies) and recieved videos. You can get more games by going to Blackberry Help on your browser and viewing some of the free games they have there or going to B-Play or Handango and purchasing a game. You can look in the Downloads section here and find multiple themes or create your own using Theme Builder. As for the wallpaper not fitting you have to change the size of the wallpaper to match that of the screen before you install it.

Zo

PIN/ID
    ask me!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

See....there are many good people with great ideas and how tos on pinstick. I love it here.

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

For your concerns about the lack of recording video, see this thread for upcoming 4.3 OS release:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...s_quarter.html

For removing PTT:Navigate to this folder on your PC: c:\program files\common files\Research in motion\.....\java
    and delete the following file:
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    *Note: it is easier to find it if you switch to "List" view.

As far as your Speaker problem during calls, I'm not sure, the button you use to activate it during a call should work the same to deactivate it.
    If a battery pull isn't working, you may want to think about an OS upgrade. Check here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._os_guide.html
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html
    Good luck and let us know if you have any questions!
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

ok i understand what you are saying about changing the size. What about when i take pictures with my camera and try to set them as my wallpaper? They do not cover the whole screen? Is there a way to change that? As for the bb having a video player and not a recorder that is stupid to me but that is only my opinion i upgraded from a sony ericcson w810i (big change) and yes this can be very frustrating! I am trying to have patience!! LOL. Oh and my speaker phone wont turn off while im using it not after i get off the phone. And that really frustrates me!!!
    Jenn

Yes there are and this site has been very helpful to me. I found it on my old phone when i was looking into getting a blackberry!! Thanks. As for deleting stuff i am so afraid to mess with all that i dont have insurance on this phone and it just kinda worries me if i mess something up!
    Jenn

PIN/ID
    ask me!!

you should be able to change your photos in the optons menu to photo sizes(1280X1024, 640x480 and so on). But if the 1280x1024 is not covering your homescreen then... If that dont help maybe depending on your theme that your using with the phone its not allowing it to use full screen, since some of the home screen is sectioned off. Like if you were a web designer it would be like implementing tables into a web page. Thats my guess.

PIN/ID
    ask me!!

Quote Originally Posted by jennif4855 View Post
    Yes there are and this site has been very helpful to me. I found it on my old phone when i was looking into getting a blackberry!! Thanks. As for deleting stuff i am so afraid to mess with all that i dont have insurance on this phone and it just kinda worries me if i mess something up!
    Jenn
    You mostly shoule be able to reverse anything that you do to a bb or ir at last nothing works there are many guides on pinstack that will take you through on a whole wipe of the device so you can start new. as far as being afraid.. your bb should have a warranty on it so it the issue with the speak button not working correctly then you should be able to take it back and have a replacement outfitted for you.

ok now i changed the theme to the one that came with the phone and it still is not covering the whole screen? Ugh!! It looks stupid like that. I did set it to the biggest size to!! And another thing the pic is blurry?? Why would that be? Ok i am probably starting to aggravate people now!! Sorry guys

Jenn

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

your gonna have to edit the pictures the be the right pixel size of the screen sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast