I have searched and all. But I still have a question. I just signed up ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tj2311111 Guest

Another PDF Question?

Advertisement

I have searched and all. But I still have a question. I just signed up for a magazine that will be sent to my blackberry email account in PDF format. Will I be able to view it? Reason I ask is I read somewhere that theres a limit on the size of the PDF you can view or something like that. And this magazine might be too big in size to view. Dont know. I know that I can download BeamBerry if it doesnt open but I would like to know before I take up space with more programs. TIA.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

Re: Another PDF Question?

Are you on BIS or BES? Sorry but it wont let me check your profile.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

fbriceno97 Guest

It depends, if you want to be able to "see" or "read"...

If this magazine is full of images, rich text, etc... then the most probably is that you are goin to see but not read when you zoom in

I will give a try with BeamBerry, the maximun cache allowed is 5MB... if the magazine is not that big, it shoul work OK

When you install it, there is going to appear a new option when you press the menu key over the attachment "Open with Beamberry"... there you can zoom in or out the document.

Cheers

tj2311111 Guest

Im on BIS.

Okay thanks for the replies. One issue is about 17MB. That is too big to view with any programs from the BB, right?
    Last edited by tj2311111; 05-16-2007 at 03:41 PM.

williamlc21 no está en línea Stack Lead

That is correct. If you were on BES they have limits based on their needs.
    "I'm the best there is. And even if you beat me, I'm still the best." -Fast Eddie Felson(The Hustler)

Kortanis no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA980E

Only vaguely related, but I just received my first email with attachments. It had both a .doc and .pdf file attached, and I have to say I am thrilled with the file reader support for these files on the Pearl. They looked great and were fast to navigate.