Hello all, Just like to say hello to all and introduce myself, i've been a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

eazyrog no está en línea Stack level 1

Another New BB user

Advertisement

Hello all,

Just like to say hello to all and introduce myself, i've been a happy user of Nokia phones for the last 10 years and today i switched over to a BB 8100, all up and running and seems a great bit of kit.

My main reason was a lot of new nokia phone (being e50 & e60) Do not work in my new BMW 5 Series car. I tried the Blackberry 8100 and it works a dream in the car.

Anyhow enough talke and to my first question.

I'm in the Uk and the phone is a Tmobile 8100 using my office Enterprise server.

When i had my Nokia's i always used to upgade the firmware, can anyone tell me if this is possible on these 8100's? it currently has v4.2.0.51 (platform 2.2.0.32)

And my lazy question is are there any MUST do's on this phone, please remember i'm very new to it, and still browsing this forum hard.

Thanks

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Another New BB user

Welcome eazyrog!..
    There are OS updates but my question to you would be...Is your device working as you want it to?
    If so, I'd recommend not to update yet, become more familiar with your unit and browse the forums...Then, when you think you are ready, try to upgrade, hack, etc...
    Browse the forums for lots tips and tricks, of course if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Easyrog. When you say "must do's" do you mean programs that you should have?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

yeah that's why I switched too...

damn 6 series.