i hate to make yet another thread on the same topic, but oh well. but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ericjackson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM Me

ANOTHER mp3 ringtones not working thread

Advertisement

i hate to make yet another thread on the same topic, but oh well. but im having some problems w/ my new pearl and my custom ringtones. ok, first i set them to specific people in the address book. and put one as the "main" ringtone for everyone else. well, someone calls me and i hear the "cingular tune"...wtf!?!?!

i got on here and searched around, read several threads on the same exact situation and people gave answers and the person never came back and said their ideas worked. but i checked every peice of info that the responses gave and my pearl seems to be right on all. but they are still not working.

so i just decided to delete all the exceptions and delete the phone out of my add book that i was calling my phone from and the mp3 ringtone worked.... thats cool that it works and all, but i'd like to have the numbers in my phonebook and have my custom ringtones work right. can anyone help?

*cliff notes*

read a bunch of threads

my OS is up to date (.71)

i created a custom tune in both the address book under the name and tried to create the exception---end result, nothing.

deleted the phone number, called from it and my "main" mp3 tune for everybody worked for the first time for an "unknown caller"

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

Re: ANOTHER mp3 ringtones not working thread

did you read the thread i posted a while back? Make sure not everyone is enable as an "Imporant call". And since your on cingy you shouldnt have the my favs issue... hrm thats all i can really say because mine works fine.

PIN/ID
    PM Me

I deleted the important calls exception too. So that shouldn't be it. It said there were none in that group anyways

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Abrcrmbskier no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23FC990F

ee that's no good. I'm sure you did multiple battery pulls? I mean you could really just do a full reinstall..or even call your CS to see if they could help at this point? Could be a defect? -Aber

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Lol there is actually a new OS for Cingular. I think its .84 .82?Something like that. I have to update lol just rememebered that will probably happen sometime this weekend. I will get you the link later to the new OS. As for the ringtones someone should come along to help you with that............

GP

PIN/ID
    PM Me

^^thanks, I'd appreciate the link. I just read in another thread to update to that but I guess the thead was older. This is what my phone came with.

I hope someone has an answer for me
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    PM Me

well thanks for your help.... for some reason it started working. i didnt do anything to it that would make any diff......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~you are now entering, the twilight zone~~~~~~~~~~~~~~