Hi All, I have 2 pop3 accounts set-up on my bb. They each got their ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hollypc no está en línea Stack level 1

Another email folder question....

Advertisement

Hi All,

I have 2 pop3 accounts set-up on my bb. They each got their own folder while of course dumping every email into the message folder along with the text message. I was ok with everything going in there for now because the emails were separate. I had planned on getting the Vodafone theme (when I can figure out that) to separate the texts into a folder.

So this morning my BES mail finally started working. I went through the steps to activate this and that went smoothly. So now my corporate messages are going into the main dump all mail messages folder only. Activating this email did not create a separate email folder. This is the email I use the most and I need a separate folder for this. How come the pop3 ones get their own folder and the BES one doesn't.

Is there a way to make this email have its own folder. Do you think it is the theme or I can change the option somewhere. I am using the pink theme from tmobile.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: Another email folder question....

Holly, I do not believe BES mail can be set to be delivered any where else besides the Messages Folder. I have that issue as well.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

if you want to unlock the vendor themes you can check this out.
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...or_themes.html

the vodafone theme does seperate them into SMS/MMS(i think) and then Messages for email. it was a bit weird didn't really like it. good luck

reynalthomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204D0DA0

the O2 today theme does the same things ... seperates MMS/SMS from Email ... i like it better than the Vodaphone wone .... i dont like to color of the VP theme, it hurts my eyes.

Also - the new TIM OS Update lets you seperate MMS/SMS from EMail on all the themes. Its a setting under Messages>options>general options ... at the very bottom is says "SMS and Email Inboxes" and you can chose to let the theme chose, or keep them seperate or combined ... its nice
    "It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." -- Albus Dumbledore

hollypc no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks everyone, but I don't think my message was clear enough. I understand about the SMS/ Email messages going into the one folder - I know how to fix that - but might be ok with the SMS in there because I like the theme I have.

All of my email accounts have a separate icon - they also dump into the main message folder. So I only go into the main message folder for texts because I get the email off the other icons which are labled - holly@hh hhh.com, ect....

I got my BB enterprise email set-up and it did not create a new folder/icon. The only place this account is in is the main message folder. I am wondering why it did not create a separate icon on its own (as well as dumping into the main box with the SMS).

All the other emails have a separate icon except this one. So when I go into the main message folder I have to search through 6 email accounts emails and try to figure out which ones came through on this particular account.

Also, the top of these emails for this account I am talking about say - "received using Desktop". I don't know if this is how BES works or what.

Any ideas?