I got a USB bluetooth dongle for my PC, and got my Pearl connected to ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Another bluetooth question

Advertisement

I got a USB bluetooth dongle for my PC, and got my Pearl connected to it, but only as a dial up modem. When I try to connect to it for File Transfer or anything else it says the Pearl does not support that function. Ive come to the conclusion that the Pearl has the worst bluetooth of any other phone, even my razr could connect through file transer and my friends Sony Ericson could be used as a bluetooth mouse in midair. Can anyone else get more then 1 foot of bluetooth range on their phones and do file transer? Or could there be a problem witht he bluetooth on my phone, or possibly something in the firmware? Im useing 4.2.1.101

greg486 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Another bluetooth question

If you are wanting to do file transfer for the pearl, you will have to go to the folder you want it transfered to then click the menu button > go to "Receive using Bluetooth" the pearl should say "Waiting For Connection" then use the software (BlueSoleil is a good one) and try sending the file, it should connect to the pearl and the pearl will ask u what u would like to name it then hitting "save" it should transfer.
    Done.

greg486

PIN:23F65A69

bwagneradair no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    206667A5

Thanks! I have been wondering how to do this for ages! You've made my afternoon!

Varekai no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Well I tried that with my bluetooth software that came with the adapter from IOGEAR and it still didnt work, says BB doesnt support service, so I downloaded Bluesoleil and it wont find my bluetooth dongle.

mickib311 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks everyone! This was the one thing I wasn't liking about my new Pearl, now I love it a little more!!