Hey guys, im a noob. My bad. But i have a blackberry pearl 8100. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

huntor no está en línea Stack level 1

Post Another Blackberry Pearl 8100 problem...

Advertisement

Hey guys, im a noob. My bad. But i have a blackberry pearl 8100. I was texting one night with my phone plugged into the wall. Then the thing reset, the RED LED came on, and im getting now is to what has been called the "hourglass of death". It wont get past that area. I downloaded the latest version of Desktop Manager, but when my phone is plugged in, it wont recognize it with my computer. I dont know if its the OS on my comp (XP home edition). but i have to reinstall the OS on my blackberry. That in which lies another problem, if i try to get th operating system off the TMobile site. I have an unlocked T-mobile pearl, but im using it with IWireless, which is a tmobile affiliate, but available only here in Iowa. Is there any insight you guys could give me? do i have to disconnect the battery? throw the damn thing against the walls a few times, any way to get the OS software? Please help. Much appreciated. Thank you.

Huntor

jjdm858 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Cheers!
    first, try to pull the battery off couple of times and see how it goes.
    if that still won't work..try to resend the service books...try that..
    The superior man is distressed by his want of ability.
    Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)
    Chinese philosopher, administrator, and moralist.

nope. wont work. sorry. i popped the battery in and out. and it still does the hourglass of death, and won't register with my computer. any other suggestions?

animalpop no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AB300C
    I am going to have to do some searching, but there is a thread here that explains how to re-install an OS on your berry...

I have not had that problem fortunately, and I have successfully updated my 8100's OS at least 8 times.

How long do you leave the phone to reboot? (have had mine take up to 10 mins before)

Do you have a memory card? (you may need to remove it if you do, back it up on a PC and reformat it)

Have you ever upgraded your OS on the phone? (there is known issues with upgrading and a mem card being installed)

Have you ever heard the term "battery pull"? (it is often needed with the 8100 as there is limited memory built in, and once it gets too low, the phone tries to free some up and many ways)

The most simple solution to ALOT of issues with berry's is the battery pull, I recommend that very first and foremost. Take the battery out, count to 10, then reinstall it. While you have the battery out make sure the SIM card and mem card are seated fully, if you have dropped the phone (we all have at some point)

Good luck and welcome to the stacks

thanks for the welcome! unfortunately i have done the battery pull many a time. i have taken the battery out for days at a time, and still no avail. The sim and sd card are unserted correctly and fully. i dont use the web on my phone due to lack of data plan. and the OS worked fine until one night it was plugged in and decided to crap out on me. and since then, all that happens when i boot it is that the hourglass just keeps rotating. thats all it does. my device manager won't recognize it, yet my computer recognizes the phone itself. ive tried to reboot device manager, and it still will not find the phone. I think im up sh*t creek.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I was gonna suggest sending the service books via your carrier's website via PC but not sure if you really need them.

Also you might have to uninstall the OS and Desktop Manager from your PC via the Control Panel and then go here to reinstall the latest OS

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...ll_models.html

and here for Desktop Manager

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...r_guide-91671/

Install Desktop Manager first then the Device OS (delete the vendor.xml file if you install an OS that is NOT from your carrier).

Connect the BB to the PC then open Application Loader. Select Update Software and it should walk you through the rest.

I have the latest versions of both. yet. it still does not recognize the phone when it is plugged in. I seriously think this thing is toast my dear friend....

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Dowload javaloader JLcmder app from the net and WIPE your pearl with this.

After plug in the phone to DM and if don't recognize your pin go ahead clicking application loader.

Now probably it will recognize your pin and you'll can load the OS