Since ive upgraded to Roger OS 1.94 it been fine and dandy so far except ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9F9

Thumbs down annoying text issue in 1.94

Advertisement

Since ive upgraded to Roger OS 1.94 it been fine and dandy so far except for one annoying issue. occasionally the text on the screen just above the top 5 apps (im using the T-mobile zen theme) will freeze on whatever text it happens to be on. for instance, if it gets stuck on "Messages", if I move over to "Browser" it will say Browser on top, but you can still see "Messages" written underneath it. The only way i've found to get rid of it is a battery pull, but it will eventually come back. it happens about every other day and is get quite annoying.

anyone else had this issue and more importantly do you know how to fix it?!?

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

Re: annoying text issue in 1.94

I've had this issue. I just put on the lock and when I unlocked it the over written text goes back to normal.

hope it works for you too

ram100987 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23DEA9F9

THATworked. Thanks! Atleast ive got a temporary fix beside a battery pull, this is much faster.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

I imagine it'll be fixed within the next upgrade (which have seemed to pick up in frequency). 1.94 solved a ton of the issues 1.66 had.

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I hope there are more fixes introduced in the new os. The only problem that I had with the Rodgers os was that it only allowed one data tunnel and that killed my tethering completely. I would get a connection for about 5 - 6 mins and then I was disconnected. I wouldn't be able to regain that connection until I pulled the battery.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by wassona
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I hope there are more fixes introduced in the new os. The only problem that I had with the Rodgers os was that it only allowed one data tunnel and that killed my tethering completely. I would get a connection for about 5 - 6 mins and then I was disconnected. I wouldn't be able to regain that connection until I pulled the battery.
    this is the 2nd version with only one tunnel.. could be the new trend. =0/

as to your disconnects and not being able to regain connection, a fresh OS install might do you good. I tether daily during the week for 3+ hrs without being disconnected and on the rare time I do get kicked, a battery pull isn't required to resign in.

TanBucsFan no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

I had a few issues with the Rogers OS and actually just downgraded to my original TMO OS because of it. I had major hang ups when opening applications, when on the browser and trying to IM and if it was hung up when a call came through, I wasn't able to answer the call. I wiped my BB and reinstalled .94, but didn't help the issues...so now I'm back to the TMO OS because the .66 had too many bugs too.

Sucks and I hope TMO comes out with another OS soon...or at least someone comes out with one that doesn't have a ton of bugs.

PIN/ID
    spam=no

Quote Originally Posted by TanBucsFan
    I had a few issues with the Rogers OS and actually just downgraded to my original TMO OS because of it. I had major hang ups when opening applications, when on the browser and trying to IM and if it was hung up when a call came through, I wasn't able to answer the call. I wiped my BB and reinstalled .94, but didn't help the issues...so now I'm back to the TMO OS because the .66 had too many bugs too.

Sucks and I hope TMO comes out with another OS soon...or at least someone comes out with one that doesn't have a ton of bugs.
    have you tried cingular's 0.71/0.73? it fixed the bugs of tmo's version (like the major memory leak, freezing, etc.) and is, imo, the most stable, bugless of all the versions.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    have you tried cingular's 0.71/0.73? it fixed the bugs of tmo's version (like the major memory leak, freezing, etc.) and is, imo, the most stable, bugless of all the versions.
    No I haven't tried that version. Is there a link you can give me for that one?

PIN/ID
    spam=no

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Quote Originally Posted by blackninja
    Thank you.

It gives me 2 options for downloads for the pearl. One says Pearl Maine Slate and the other is Red and Maine Slate, which do I use?

Thanks!

PIN/ID
    spam=no

.71 is for main slate (black) and .73 came on the later released red pearl. Same OS basically except .73 came with a different additional theme for ATT/Cingular customers (since the merger was still going on).

either one, it's up to you.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Ok thanks ninja!