I got my Pearl about six months ago. I should have done more research before ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

TyroPrate no está en línea Stack level 1

Annoyed with the Pearl

Advertisement

I got my Pearl about six months ago. I should have done more research before buying it, but I was really impressed with it at the store. Overall, I guess I'd say I'm glad I got it, but there are definitely some problems.

First, a few technical problems I've had:

--The trackball stopped working about a month after I got it. I got it working again with the help of Pinstack users (thanks!), but having to stick a little strip of paper into my new phone is pretty ridiculous.
    --Periodically, all audio will stop working. The phone won't ring, MP3s won't play, etc. This happens about once a week, and it causes me to miss phone calls until I realize it's happened again. The only way to fix it that I've found is to do a hard restart.

Then, there are the general drawbacks, all of which have already been covered elsewhere, but are still frustrating:

1.) Why the mini-jack for the earpiece? I know this is standard on most cell phones, but if you're billing the phone as an MP3 player, why not put on a regular-sized jack?
    2.) No streaming video and no video capture on the phone.
    3.) Low camera resolution.
    4.) Ringers too low, vibration too weak.
    5.) Speaker causes battery cover to vibrate which distorts sound.

MrsKL no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Annoyed with the Pearl

Have you tried bringing the phone back for replacement? The speaker issue sounds like a manufac. warranty problem.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Referring to #5

You can always get the battery door replacement with a new battery from seidio.
    I love it! sits snug and it gets a little too loud sometimes.

TyroPrate no está en línea Stack level 1

Oh, and one more thing: When I pause an MP3, it will unpause after a call even if it wasn't the call that paused it in the first place. So, if I pause, say, a podcast, and then ten minutes later, I get a call, when I end the call, the podcast will start playing again.