Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok. A few months ago, I dl'd Nutsie. This is a music site that streams ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mysmyrrh no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23e4456e

and the wierdness ensued......

Advertisement

Ok. A few months ago, I dl'd Nutsie. This is a music site that streams your iTunes playlists, and those of other members, to your phone. Great way to listen to free music.
    Anyhow, for the weirdness. Yesterday I figured I'd give a listen to the new playlists I'd just added to my Nutsie account. I was doing housework, so I also had my BT on. I turned on my Nutsie app, chose a playlist, and waited for it to start. And did it ever! All of a sudden, I HAD MUSIC PLAYING THRU MY BT headset! My BT is a simple JabraBT160. No bells or whistles. And the best part? It still works! I tried it again a few minutes ago!
    My Pearl is one of the old ones, running 4.2.1 OS. I DID NOTHING UNUSUAL! (Well, unless you count me doing housework as unusual.) anyone else have Nutsie on their Pearl 8100, 4.2.1 OS? Try it with your BT, and see if it works for you!
    I'm off to listen to Nutsie tunes!

beeshabo no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: and the weirdness ensued......

WOW!! really....So you found a way to hack and get A2DP huh?? that's so awesome!! ha have to try it, I have 4.2.1.96 OS

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Quote Originally Posted by beeshabo View Post
    WOW!! really....So you found a way to hack and get A2DP huh?? that's so awesome!! ha have to try it, I have 4.2.1.96 OS
    No! It's not a hack! Didn't you read what I wrote? It happened all by itself!

Oh okay...a Secret hack!! LOL

So your bluetooth headset was enabled? But were you listening to the music through the speaker of your phone?? and it just Happened...?!?
    -------
    I wanna try........I have a Motorola Bluetooth
    Last edited by beeshabo; 03-04-2008 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Automerged.

PIN/ID
    23e4456e
    Oh okay...a Secret hack!! LOL

So your bluetooth headset was enabled? But were you listening to the music through the speaker of your phone?? and it just Happened...?!?
    -------
    I wanna try........I have a Motorola Bluetooth
    My BT was enabled. I started the app, expecting it to play thru my speaker. Instead, it played thru the BT! Yes, please try it! I am dying to know if it happens for anyone else. Nutsie.com from your pc to signup and get BB dl. This app does not require a media player, for those of you with older bb's.

Well I just tried....and nothing!! boooooo.....I want it to work, damn!!!

Wait, my bluetooth headset is dead lol, that may be a reason!!

I'm going to charge it, and I will try in about 25 minutes, and I'll get back to you!! I hope it works...=)

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Well I just tried....and nothing!! boooooo.....I want it to work, damn!!!

Wait, my bluetooth headset is dead lol, that may be a reason!!

I'm going to charge it, and I will try in about 25 minutes, and I'll get back to you!! I hope it works...=)
    oh snap. Dang those rechargeable devices anyway!!!!! LOL! I am anxiously awaiting your results!

Kool....I really really hope it works, because when I bought the phone, I was disappointed to learn that it did NOT have A2DP support!! but if this works.....You'll be my savior LOL

IT WORKS...IT WORKS...ITS WORKS!!!..OMG, I'm so excited, and they said it was impossible...

mysmyrrh...you're a genius LOL

One question though, How do you fix the backlight problem, because as soon as the backlight on my phones turns off, so does the music..?!?

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

IT WORKS...IT WORKS...ITS WORKS!!!..OMG, I'm so excited, and they said it was impossible...

mysmyrrh...you're a genius LOL

One question though, How do you fix the backlight problem, because as soon as the backlight on my phones turns off, so does the music..?!?
    The backlight going off shouldn't effect Nutsie. mine is off right now, and playing just fine. I just hit any ole key to turn the light on again. One thing I forgot. Sometimes the music will just stop playing, which is not to be confused with the app buffering. I simply hit the pause/play button on the Nutsie app, and it starts it right back up.
    And altho yes, I am a genius, I cannot take any responsibility for the whole streaming-thru-BT thing. That would just be a gift from the BB god I guess.
    LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hmmmm....do you have the AutoLock app on your phone? Maybe that's what's causing mine to shut off

But either way...this is GREAT GREAT News for me!!
    Thanks mysmyrrh......YES

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

seriously tho. could one of you BB geeknotards please figure out why this is working all of a sudden? because I have had my BT enabled before while listening to Nutsie, and it never did this before.
    and I mean geeknotard in a most respectful way.

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

you are so welcome. Hey, I spread the BB love whenever I can.

Yeah I know.......well then you can take all the credit, this is my first time using Nutsie

After I seen your post, I quickly went to the site and signed up just to try this! and what do you know, it worked!!

So So So So Cool

Hmmmm....do you have the AutoLock app on your phone? Maybe that's what's causing mine to shut off

PIN/ID
    23e4456e

Yeah I know.......well then you can take all the credit, this is my first time using Nutsie

After I seen your post, I quickly went to the site and signed up just to try this! and what do you know, it worked!!

So So So So Cool
    I cannot for the life of me figure out why everyone makes such a big deal over the FlipSide app. Nutsie is free, and not only do you get your own music, you can listen to everyone else's!
    I will take all the credit for you getting the Nutsie app. I think this is one of the most genius apps out there. When I can get new music for FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE, it's a win-win situation. That and the fact that it uses almost none of my phone memory? Well, I just can't recommend it heartily enough!!!!!!
    and by autolock, do you mean my screen locks after a certain amount of time? I have it on my Pearl, but it's disabled. I find it to be a PIA
    Last edited by mysmyrrh; 03-04-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: answering autolock question.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast