So I originally purchased the RIM stereo headset for my Pearl and although the sound ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Stonebreeze no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Amzer 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter?

Advertisement

So I originally purchased the RIM stereo headset for my Pearl and although the sound quality is good the earbuds do not fit in my ears. I guess I have big ear drum canals cause the buds fall out of my ears.

Because of this I searched online for an adapter that would convert regular headphones to be usable for the 2.5mm jack on the Pearl.

This is what I found:

http://www.blackberrystuff.com/searc...t=AMZER%207905

I thought this was a great idea because not only does it have the adapter but also an integrated microphone, so I ordered it. It came in the mail today and although blackberrystuff.com claims it works with the Pearl I have not been able to get it to work properly.

For one, I can only get a mono signal. If I fidget with the plug I can get it to play out of both ears but still only a mono signal. Also, for some odd reason it is interfering with my Voice Dialing. The Voice Dial will come on randomly and the woman in the box asks me to "say a command" As you can imagine, when you are listening to music this can be very annoying.

Has anyone else purchased this item and if so have you been able to get it to work with your Pearl?

Thanks,

BRZ

j llama no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME

Re: Amzer 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter?

yeah i get the voice dial lady occasionally (no, scratch that, every time)
    i use a radioshack adapter with a small piece of tin foil STUCK inside.
    really ghetto, but it does work...
    how do we all know it is mono out both ears and not stereo?

someday i will buy one of the seido adapters.
    Stonebreeze, i'd go seido if anything

kayos72 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me

when plugging it in you sometimes cross the pins, hence the voice dial lady, if you plug it in firmly you should not get this
    Been a long while since last login. Sorry all, adjusting to a new life is great and hell at the same time!!

PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by j llama
    yeah i get the voice dial lady occasionally (no, scratch that, every time)
    i use a radioshack adapter with a small piece of tin foil STUCK inside.
    really ghetto, but it does work...
    how do we all know it is mono out both ears and not stereo?

someday i will buy one of the seido adapters.
    Stonebreeze, i'd go seido if anything
    Hey Llama,

I picked a song that I know has a different signal out of each channel/side, such as 311 - Creatures or Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody. If I can hear the sound "moving" from one ear to the other than I know it is a true stereo signal. If the sound does not "move" and I hear the same thing out of both ears than I know it is only playing in mono.

So I broke down and ordered the adapter w/ microphone from Seidio. I really hope I don't have the same problem with it when it arrives. Blackberrystuff.com claimed theirs works with the Pearl, I hope I don't have the same problem with Seidio's.

BRZ

PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Quote Originally Posted by kayos72
    when plugging it in you sometimes cross the pins, hence the voice dial lady, if you plug it in firmly you should not get this
    Hi Kayos72,

THe problem when I do this is I only get the sound out of one ear. Not good when you are listening to music. Also, it seemed to me that the lady in the box would come on at random times or maybe not so random. The adapter I have has a built in volume control and when I adjust it it will sometimes trigger the lady to speak up..."say a command,"

I'm gonna send the piece of crappola back to blackberrystuff.com and tell them they are falsely advertising this product as it DOES NOT work correctly with the Pearl (8100).

BRZ

PIN/ID
    23E8B1E8

Has anyone else purchased this item and if so have you been able to get it to work with your Pearl?

Any help is appreciated!