When I bought my Pearl, I didn't get the memory card to go with it. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dorkeelovex no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Amount of memory on the Pearl

Advertisement

When I bought my Pearl, I didn't get the memory card to go with it. I am going to get it eventually, but I was wondering how much the phone itself can carry. I want ringtones and whatnot, but I don't want to start putting things on my phone and have it fill up.

Does anyone know how much the Pearl can hold (ringtones, themes, apps) and is there a way to look up the memory usage on the phone? thanks!!

akbvintage no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Amount of memory on the Pearl

not competely 100% sure but i think that it is 12MB, you can find out by opening up you media player and then open music folder, then press the menu button go to options and it should tell you there.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Try these links to help you free up some memory. You definitely need the memory card as soon as you can get one. To see what you have available now for free memory, go to "Options" then "Status" look for "File Free". That's the current amount of available memory. This will fluctuate quite a bit depending on apps you are running, browsing history, and messages etc. If you turn off the BB, pull out the battery for about 30 seconds then put it back in, this reboots the BB and frees up lots of memory. these threads will give you lots of tips too!

Good luck and welcome to the stacks!

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...the_pearl.html

dorkeelovex no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks so much for the tips and the welcome!! Hopefully ill get the card within the next couple of days.

jstodda no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241E85A8

As spoken above a memory card makes a huge difference. Try www.amazon.com as theyre super cheap right now.
    T-Mobile Sales Manager
    Blackberry Addict
    Open to answering questions
    PIN: 241E85A8