I was wondering if you guys encounter this problem before. I just noticed it today ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

mayt0pak no está en línea Stack level 2

ALT problem

Advertisement

I was wondering if you guys encounter this problem before. I just noticed it today when I try to clear my log and enter ALT + LGLG it doesn't dispaly the log. I tried to do a ALT + Esc and it won't display the running apps on the background. I tried ALT + EACE and it doesn't work either. The last changes I did on my phone is when I unlocked the phone through AT&T. I'm running 4.2.1.101. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: ALT problem

I noticed also when I press the ALT key I get solid fat arrow in the upper right hand screen. Been resetting the phone with no luck.

Bumped....

I just upgraded my phone to 4.2.1.107 but no luck. Is my phone broken? Don't know what else to do.

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

I do not have this issue. My event log pops up fine as does the running apps banner. My only recommendation would be to remove the battery for 30 seconds and replace it but you said you have done the reset without luck.

I assume that these screens worked properly prior to the upgrade. Have these worked at all since the upgrade or no?
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Thanks. Yes, I already did reset(pull the battery for 30 seconds) and run the app soft reset so many times. It was working when I was on 4.2.1.101 so I upgraded it to .107 hoping it will fix the problem but still not working.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Are you having issues that require you to get into the Event Log and what not or just trying to be proactive?

Well I can't do any of the shortcut because most of the shortcuts uses ALT keys. Also when typing an email that requires a number I have to press the ALT + number then press the number to put it to the email. Before you can just hold the ALT key and press any number and it will put it.

Is the log being cleared everytime you do a reset? If not then is there a way to go to the log other than ALT + LGLG?

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

So your ALT key is not working properly? Am I understanding your last post correctly?

And no, I do not know of any other way to access the event log and mine does clear when I go into the log and clear it.

Yes, it is not working properly. I'm not sure if my phone is broken.

PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Oh well I was focusing on more of a software issue by the OP but if you have a hardware issue, you will need to look at getting that repaired either under warranty or paying for it out of pocket. If it's less than a year old, you should get it repaired under warranty.

I'm not sure if this a hardware problem because if it is the ALT keys won't work at all. Thanks for the help. I'll call AT&T and see what they say.

You won't believed how I fixed the problem.....

Before that I called AT&T and they were going to send me a replacement. So I checked my phone again trying to see if the problem will go away. I went it check the mp3 songs I have and when I tried to increase the voulme I can feel the up volume is kinda sticky...you can't hear/feel the ticking sound. So I remember when I was talking to AT&T support asking me question if I dropped the phone. I said no but actually I remember now that I dropped it while I was sitting...it is in a case when I dropped. So anyway, I said to myself I don't have anything to loose if I dropped it again to see if it will fix it. So I dropped it in a carpet, of course it is in a case, while I was sitting.

Guess what happened? All of a sudden my ALT keys works again and the up volume keys works as well, I can feel that ticking.

Now I just need to wait for the replacement phone and send it back...tried to call AT&T and they said they can't cancel it...it is already on their system.

I'm just glad it is working again. So if anyone have this problem try to drop the phone...make sure it won't shatter.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

IF i remember correctly, the ALT+LGLG doesn't work on a Pearl, only QWERTY devices.

Yes, it does work on Pearl.