Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

well i may do the upgrade today anyway just because of the other features. but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

hazeltine no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: alt key and numbers acting strange, need help please

Advertisement

well i may do the upgrade today anyway just because of the other features.

but another question, has this bug affected everyone basically just since last week? that seems really strange.

hazeltine no está en línea Stack level 1

well, i did the update yesterday. the update worked well but the problem was still there.
    then woke up this morning, had to send an sms with numbers in it and all of a sudden the problem was fixed.
    i don't get it, but it's fixed now.

senna174 no está en línea Stack level 2

side note - Pearl has a known sensors problem during testing. I don't know if it was fixed before released.

maz94protege no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    296C692F

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~my keys got stuck a few days ago and I just did a hard Reboot , taking battery out and everything and it works fine again, have no clue what made it do what it did though

HappyHenLisa no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by hazeltine
    my alt key and numbers are all of a sudden working differently and i can't figure out why.
    i've tried a hard reset but nothing changed.

usually when composing email or a memo, if i hold alt down and type numbers they used to type. meaning hold down alt key and type as many numbers as i want while alt is still being held in.

but now my phone is all of a sudden working like this: holding alt won't type any numbers till i release the alt button. so basically i have to push alt, release, then a number (for the first digit), push alt, release, then a number (for the second digit) and so on...
    i've searched and searched but can't find anything on this subject. i don't have it switching from sure type to abc type. it's set on suretype.

any advice is appreciated. i'm wondering if my phone is broken.
    The guy at the store told me to hit the Alt key once, let it go, to type a number... If you want to continuously type numbers... he said to tap the Alt Key twice.

I'm a beginner at this, but I hope it helps!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12