Hello everybody, first post here (and its not a new topic I'm afraid). Already scanned ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

spacemonkey_no9 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Already registered Pearl (again, sorry) and hello

Advertisement

Hello everybody, first post here (and its not a new topic I'm afraid). Already scanned the forum for a while and amazed at the expertise and generousity of some of you folks. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I am in the UK (on T Mobile with a web'n'walk add-on) and bought a sealed and new (looked that way, nothing to be suspish about) 8100 on fleabay. Phone features work well and it is a little belter of a handset but the t-mobile internet service webpage informs me that this is already registered on another network so I cant get the email/browser features set up. The phone is T-Mobile branded, the PIN and IMEI on box and phone match and it came sealed. The seller claimed they were surplus stock from a friends company???

Has anyone in the UK managed to 'unlatch' a Pearl and register with another phone network? Does anyone know what my next step should be. My problem will be getting previous phone netowrk (if indeed there is one) from the seller or his friend.

Sorry to churn up the same old stuff, I'm looking for something new to try.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Already registered Pearl (again, sorry) and hello

Hey spacemonkey Welcome to the Stacks!

You best bet would be to contact the seller and ask them to release the PIN and IMEI. So basically tell them they need to call the provider and have the provider release it. Until the that happens then you cannot use the BIS options.

If they can't help you then you may need to contact the provider yourself and ask if the PIN and IMEI can be released. As long as the phone has not been reported stolen then there should be no issue.

Obviously the device was used at one time since it was registered to a network. Hopefully the first resolution will work, if not try the second one.

Hope it all works out. Let us know how it works.

Thanks for the reply reddog, I have emailed the seller and ask him how this could be registered to another network provider.

Sitting back waiting now.....

Thumbs up Re: Already registered Pearl (again, sorry) and hello

It looks like I have sorted this one out. The seller insisted that it was a new unit and not linked to another provider. I called T Mobile UK last night ( and they called me back tonight as they said they would, full marks) and got through to blackberry support no problem. The guy there set up my account with the blackberry add-on. Nothing he tried seemed to work so I was told to go into a T Mobile shop and ask to try my SIM card in another unit to check it wasnt my SIM. I resigned myself to this and then.......

......I was trawling this site and I saw the device software update link that was posted for the 4.2.1.103 update (I saw the .107 update 5 minutes a go). The BB site states older firmware as a possible cause of GPRS probs so I downloaded it, followed instructions in another post (deleted the vendor.xml file) and updated. When I rebooted the handset the gprs had changed to GPRS and off I went setting up email and using the browser. tested it and all seems OK.

Now I can make the most of you guys other posts about add ons, apps and multimedia. Thanks for having me.

smomus no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    248B113c

Awesome! Thanks for the update!
    It is great to have you along and welcome to the stacks! You will soon be addicted.... If you are not already hehe

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cool happy everything worked it self out.