I just got my new BB 8130 with alltel wireless. LOVE IT! However I am ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

cet710 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    31835B2F

Alltel BB 8130

Advertisement

I just got my new BB 8130 with alltel wireless. LOVE IT! However I am having some issues. It has OS 4.3. The problem is that I cant load themes via desktop manager, nor can I by trying to download via the device. When I go into themes & try to download themes I get an error from BB saying that there arent any theme available for OS 4.3. Does anyone have any advise on this issue? Or any maybe can assist in the least?

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Alltel BB 8130

you will not be able to load themes via Desktop Manager until Alltel releases the OS for that device. Once they release it for download, you install it on your computer and then DM will allow you to add themes and other applications.

We had the same issue when we got the 8130 for Verizon, and Sprint. I think it took around 2 weeks for that to be posted to download.

brutusroof no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

I use alltel but loaded the software from another vendor and it worked pefectly on my 8130. I think i loaded the Sprint version. It worked fine.
    -------
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do Try this one
    Last edited by brutusroof; 12-27-2007 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Automerged.

F34R no está en línea Stack level 1

Has anyone been able to get this working ? Or know of a fix ? That link above just brings me to download the Alltel DM software.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Has anyone been able to get this working ? Or know of a fix ? That link above just brings me to download the Alltel DM software.
    see post #2
    the only "fix" would be to wipe your device and install the OS version from another carrier who has released the software already... I would just wait for Alltel's
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

F34R no está en línea Stack level 1

ahhh. ok. I will just wait, and make use of as much OTA stuff as I can lol. /walks patiently to the corner....

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Question Re: Alltel BB 8130

I just recently purchased my first Blackberry and have a few issues and questions. I have spent several hours reading various threads and am finding myself overwelmed by some of the info that just goes over my head, and then some other things that just seem to have no fix. Here's some basic info: I have the 8130 Pearl through Alltel. The BB OS on the device is 4.3.0.81. The version of desktop manager is 4.3.0.15 My issues/questions are as follows:

1. Getting the "no additional appications for your device were found" when trying to add games etc. from the desktop manager. No probs with OTA downloads though. I've read the threads but just don't understand what to try for a fix, although by reading this thread it seems there is no current solution.

2. The book that came with my 8130 gives instructions for MMS but I have no options for it on my phone. Is there any validity to what I have heard or read that it will be enabled but there are issues that Alltel is working on a patch for? I miss my picture messaging!

3. What is a memory leak? On mine, I did a battery pull yesterday or the night before and by this evening I had lost over 5 million Bytes. I had not downloaded any new apps, I've been keeping my messages deleted, and all new music and pics go to my memory card. This is what it said about my memory File Free: 10,741,249 Bytes
    File total: 50,462,720 Bytes

after a battery pull: File Free: 16,021,045 Bytes

I had used the web browser alot, used Pocket Express to view news and weather, viewed videos on youtube, lots of playing around and exploring the icons and apps on my phone. Where does the memory go? Why does it come back after a battery pull? Is there such a thing as too many battery pulls? Should I limit it to once per week? At what level would I expect problems from a low # of Free bytes?

OK I think that's enough for a start. I would really appreciate some patient, detailed, helpful hints that apply to my issues with my Alltel 8130. THANKS!!!!

Yooper78 no está en línea Stack level 1

The only work around for MMS on a BB with alltel currently is to send the message to your e-mail. Alltel is currently working on a true fix but there is no ETA yet. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

thechuk no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by azstar View Post

1. Getting the "no additional appications for your device were found" when trying to add games etc. from the desktop manager. No probs with OTA downloads though. I've read the threads but just don't understand what to try for a fix, although by reading this thread it seems there is no current solution.

Bump for a solution to this one. I also recently purchased my first BB and am having this problem. OTA works like a charm but when going through desktop manager trying to load .alx and .cod files into application loader I am having the same problem.

citymotors no está en línea Stack level 2

I had exact same problem. I can get zip themes to work. Save the zip file then extract all files and save. From application loader hit add. Find the folder and load the Alx file. That did it for me. Good luck!