Well i have to switch providers next month and i will be going to Alltel. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

firemanferch no está en línea Stack level 2

Alltel 8130

Advertisement

Well i have to switch providers next month and i will be going to Alltel. I am looking at getting the 8130. which has GPS built in but i was wondering how well it worked. and what free programs i could use with this phone. thanks

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Alltel 8130

I have the Alltel 8130 in AZ. I am able to use the GPS with BB maps very well. The maps are pretty up to date in my area and the GPS locks on to my location with BB maps pretty quickly and very accurately. I have a harder time getting the GPS to work with other 3rd party apps like Google maps, Beyond 411, and Live Search. All of these are free, but the 8130 has no "refresh GPS" option so it's a little tricky sometimes with other apps, but like I said it works really well for me with BB Maps. You can refer to a thread I posted about this: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._problems.html

The suggestion for clearing the cache to sort of refresh the GPS does help, but it's kind of a pain.

As far as free programs, there are many. It depends on what you are looking for. Start by checking the free stuff available here at Pinstack http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/downloads.html

or try this, most of them are free http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...10_5_07_a.html

If there's something specific you're looking for and you don't see it here, just ask! I'm sure someone can help you find it!
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

Thanks for the help and for the links as well

stuka no está en línea Stack level 3

Interesting, I almost swithched carriers to Alltel, until I was told you had to purchase Telenav to use the gps. i.e. it was locked out otherwise.

azstar no está en línea PINStacked!

It may be in some markets, but not here in the Phoenix area !
    Twitter? My Apps List

Current SmartPhone: Motorola DROID Rooted, Running Project Elite v4

well i'll be in gainesville and i won't get my new phone until march but i'll let you know then if i can get mines to work.