My pearl froze so I did a battery pull...when I turned my pearl back on, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

eve
    eve no está en línea Stack level 2

ALL my TEXT messages disappeared!

Advertisement

My pearl froze so I did a battery pull...when I turned my pearl back on, it loaded everything but when I clicked on my SMS and MMS messages folder they are all gone! I went inside my email message folder and all my emails are still there, in tact, its just my SMS messages are gone. I pulled my battery again and still, my text messages won't appear... I had well over three thousand messages...

What can I do?? How can I fix it?? It's driving me nuts!...

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Re: ALL my TEXT messages disappeared!

Sorry you are having such issues. What OS are you running? go to options, about, 3rd line down will tell you. There is known issues with certain software versions. Also see http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html it should help out.

eve

Hi,
    I'm running the latest .107 and I only have three 3rd party applications and only one ringtone...I'm so frustrated!

I only did a battery pull because my pearl was frozen...kinda had to. And when it turned on no messages..weird.

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

If your device is running low on memory, call logs and sms are the first thing that is auto dumped.

benritmeyer no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if your using the new Facebook app the messages are stored on the device. I found that my memory was getting filled up fast so I'm deleting all the unnecessary ones for now!

pinkdiva no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23c629b0

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~wow over three thousand messages plus thre 3rd party apps you are doing too much on your blackberry. Try pressing lglg and then enter and delete your event log. Now are u still able to receive your messages or are the new ones dissapearing as well

eve

Let me rephrase my last post...I had around 3 thousand messages with the auto delete of 15 days...so my point is my messages should NOT have disappeared, I clear my event log consistently and my browser cache/cookies regularly. There was no reason for my text to disappear out of no where.

I would understand if my memory was low and I had a crap load of applications and ringtones/music...but I don't...nothing should have been deleted. The only message that remained after I turned my pearl back on was a text message that I had manually chose to save. I sure hope this doesn't happen again..I had semi-pertinent information in some of my text messages and now it's gone.

Luckily now I've warmed up to the habit of backing up my phone weekly...I now realize the importance. I just want to know WHY it got deleted if my I had a lot of space on my BB available...I'm puzzled.

I guess I'm forced to go out and buy a bigger media card now? Unfortunately.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

^^ I agree with you that nothing should have been deleted, but that's just how the bb is set up. If you are running low on memory, that is the first thing that will be deleted to make more space, as well as the call logs.
    /~*brooke

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post

I guess I'm forced to go out and buy a bigger media card now? Unfortunately.
    A bigger media card will only help you with ringtones and songs. SMS and email messages are stored on the device itself.

As far as your loss of data, it sounds like you were doing the necessary memory management techniques to maintain the data.

Its possible and likely that whatever caused your BB to freeze up and force a battery pull just happened to wipe the messages. Its unfortunate and a shame that happened, but sometimes its not anything you can explain.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by eve View Post
    ... I had well over three thousand messages...
    ok why would you need to keep that many messages on your device? And then they are SMS/MMS not emails so are they really *that* important to keep over 3,000 on a device with limited memory (or any handheld device for that matter)?