I have had it for almost 2 years and the problem have started. 1. my ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

elischa no está en línea Stack level 1

all kind of problems with my 8100

Advertisement

I have had it for almost 2 years and the problem have started.

1. my call log with just empty on it's own
    2. my message in box just empty on it's own
    3. phone keeps freezing
    4. not recieveing text messages

So I figure maybe I should update to 4.5 will I didn't know it was going to wipe out my contacts, calander and apps after the update I got a message that said it saved all my stuff in a backup file, but for what ever reason I can't add it back on I get an error message that says "There is an XML syntax error on line 2" Oh and my red light will not turn off it has stay on solid since the update.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Load the desktop manager and backup your phone. the backup should save to your MyDocuments folder. Once that has been done I would wipe the device clean using JLcmdr, then load the 4.5 OS for your device. Once the OS update has completed go to the Backup/Restore in the Desktop manager and select restore, it should give you an option as to what you would like to restore. Select which items you would like to restore to your BB. (contacts, Messenger, messages, etc.) This has worked for me in the past, so I'm hoping this will work for you also. Not too sure about the "XML syntax error" message. I have no idea what that means.

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Seems like maybe she had already done a backup while doing an upgrade, but that backup file seems to be corrupt Im not sure what, if anything there is that you can do, short of trying to give it to someone who is good with XML and compare a couple of backup files and trying to see what the error is.

If that is the only backup you have ever done, you may be at a loss

I dont have a backupfile here in front of me to be able to play with it, but I understand the xml error, its trying to read the file, but gets to a certain point where the file is corrupt or missing elements
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

elischa no está en línea Stack level 1
    Yea I am going to look I may have another backup, but what do you think about all the other issues should I try clearing it out and reloading?

I think I am just going to go buy a Storm or a Bold have not made up my mind yet

Thanks guys

rashard no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    208FBA40
    Your other problems all sound as if you were running out of memory, it will clear out messages and such when you are low on memory which is something that you can fix by frequently resetting your phone, and remove old applications... and search these stacks for tips on maximizing your memory..

But yes installing the new OS will help untill your phone fills up again..

But i really think your phone is completely fixable, and it may not have any issues at all.. other than you lost your info

But a good wipe and reinstall never hurt anything then load your backup...

If you do get a new phone, you should sell your old one, after you wipe it and put a fresh install on it.
    Last edited by rashard; 02-10-2009 at 06:25 PM.
    It takes many professionals versed in many different area's to help the masses, I am just a single drop in that pool.

BXXXX[:::::::::::::::::::::::::::>