Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I just got my Pearl yesterday, coming from the 8700c. So I set the alarm ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

HaroldC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    23E8C63E

Alarm clock and snooze .......

Advertisement

I just got my Pearl yesterday, coming from the 8700c. So I set the alarm the same way I had on my 8700 - 5 min snooze. When the alarm went off this morning I pushed some button, can't remember which one because I was still pretty much asleep.

The unfortunate part ..... The Alarm never went off again!!!!!!!

Needless to say, I woke up very late, but fortunately got to work ontime anyway.

So my questions is this: What key should I press so that the phone will still snooze? On my 8700, I would just turn the trackwheel. But the trackball on the 8100 doesn't react the same way, I did try that. It does make getting up more stressful as I now have to be aware of what button I press on the phone, rather than just feeling for the phone and turning the wheel.

TIA!

-Harold

srl7741 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Retired

Re: Alarm clock and snooze .......

Hi HaroldC,

I wish i had the Pearl and i wish i knew that answer but give it a few more minutes and i bet somene chimes to with an answer.

Meanwhile i still wanted to say hello and i'm glad u made it into work on time today (as i didn't) due to my alarm too or maybe it was just me ignoring the alarm?

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

i do not as a pearl myself, but why dont you try setting it and playing around with it WHILE your awake?

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I press the trackball in once, and that brings up a menu for either snooze or ignore. You do actually have to look at the phone! I think pressing the trackball twice should do it, but if you move the trackball, you might hit dismiss...

PIN/ID
    23E8C63E

Thanks for the responses.

I just played around with the phone and it seems that pressing the "end" button will turn it off and still allow sleep. I'm going to try pressing the trackball as well, hopefully that'll also work, as it's easier to feel for when I'm waking up.

PIN/ID
    23E8C63E

Ok - just tried pressing the trackball once and the snooze did not come on. You have to press the trackball again to select "snooze", then it will go to snooze.

If you press "end" that still works. So that's what I'm going to do now..... there goes the lazy mornings.

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D

You will need a single key press to activate the screen.

Then you will need to select "Snooze" with either the ball-click, or pressing S (for snooze).

The danger is two-fold:

The track ball is quite sensitive and you may end up rolling down to dismiss before clicking.

Pressing D will dismiss the alarm, and as D is immediately adjacent to S on the keyboard....

I have actually become accustomed to pressing enter then S. Seems to work well for me, even while sleeping.

And what does the End Call button accomlish? Does it snooze the alarm or dismiss it?

icancn2u no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I was barely on time for work today. I didn't scroll the wheel to snooze. I also neve put my BB down. I woke up an hour late still holding it with my thumb on the wheel

SDU_Eric no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by icancn2u
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I was barely on time for work today. I didn't scroll the wheel to snooze. I also neve put my BB down. I woke up an hour late still holding it with my thumb on the wheel
    haha now i wonder can you start suing RIM like tabacco companies

PIN/ID
    23E8C63E

Quote Originally Posted by Lewis
    And what does the End Call button accomlish? Does it snooze the alarm or dismiss it?
    The "end" button actually snoozes the phone. I guess I'll have to make sure I'm hitting this button, otherwise it'll just not sleep.

seedyburner no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2438f59d

I use my pearl as my alarm. I just roll the track ball up then click. Pretty easy.

PIN/ID
    23E8C63E

Arggg! It happened again this morning! I even made the effort to press the trackball and select "snooze"

Now I'm at a loss on what to do. I guess it's time for a regular alarm clock....

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Sounds like too much work to me. I can barely 'fling' my arm across to smash the top of my alarm clock. hehehehehehe
    Nikki
    iPhone 4S - work
    Samsung Galaxy SII - personal
    Supporting BB, android and iOs devices at work.

spook no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32BDF652

I may have a solution for you - there is a multi alarm availabe for bb that is free and you can download OTA. It has 5 alarms and what I do is set 3 of the alarms 5 mins apart, as a result you won't have to worry about snooze settings, just have a seperate alarm for each sleep-in.
    You can find the alarm at -

http://m.mobylo.com/ma.php

I hope this alternative helps.

dwagman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I hate the alarm clock program, it doesn't ring Loud or long enough. I can't get myoblo to work, I set the tones in the volume thing and tried it a few times, no success. Anyone know of a more reliable, louder alarm program? My old cell, which I just got rid of for this pearl was ridiculously loud and hard to turn off, so I never had to worry about being awake or not.

Take care,
    David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast