Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I thought I read somewhere that using AIM or any other instant messaging application was ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bostonfan23 no está en línea Stack level 1

AIM? + other stuff

Advertisement

I thought I read somewhere that using AIM or any other instant messaging application was an additional charge on teh blackberry, is this true?

anyone have experience with the miniSD cards? Are they worth it?

How is the media player on the Pearl?

Mac support?

THanks.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    hey boston welcome to the stacks!

yea there's and app on Handango that's $49 on time fee and it's really good. If you have TMO, don't use the OZ instant messaging since it WILL charge you for those SMS's. BB has a yahoo and google talk app that you can download that uses data. Some people use Ramble which uses data also. Then you can hack google talk to be a universal IM service too.

The pearl uses the microSD cards not the "mini" they are also known as transflash cards too. They are worth it. I have a 2GB in my pearl.

Mac support I don't think there is to my knowledge. Someone else might be able to answer that one.

Hope this helps

Well I'm getting the unlimited blackberry plan, wouldn't the data you talked about be included in that?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    It would be included. If you have a TMO data plan it should include unlimited SMS as well so you can use any of the IM products and not have to worry.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonfan23
    Well I'm getting the unlimited blackberry plan, wouldn't the data you talked about be included in that?
    Yea the data is included, but for some reason if you use the OZ instant messaging it counts toward your text messages not your data plan.
    I'm still working on hacking google. There's a thread out there some where that tells you how. I just haven't had time. I might just bite the bullet and get IM+ off handango for $49 bucks it has all the apps and works great. There is a trial for it. Like 7 days or something like that. I used it and it was good. I dunno if i could justify the $49 since I don't IM that much.

PIN/ID
    STACK
    really ljbyar? I have the unlimited BB plan for 19.99 and it doesn't include unlimited SMS. Am i getting screwed?

So unlimited blackberry includes internet, email, and any IM besides the one packaged with the blackberry, right?

PIN/ID
    STACK
    i'm not sure there are a bunch of different plans for the BB. let me go look...ugh. I wonder if i'm getting screwed in the bum?

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Double check with TMO to make sure your data package includes unlimited text messaging and then you can also use the one that's included with the BB.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    Reddog, I'm looking at the TMO site now. I have unlimited probably because I have the Blackberry minutes and mail enterprise.

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    TMO:
    Blackberry Unlimited (data only) includes 300 text messages - $29
    Blackberry Minutes and Mail includes unlimited SMS - $59 includes 1000 minutes

PIN/ID
    STACK
    This is what i got from the TMO site:

Blackberry Unlimited Add-on: 19.99
    Add access to BB powerful data funcctionality to a voice plan Add-on includes unlimited BB web client e-mail and web browsing.

Thats what i have and i need to get a SMS add on also. It doesn't include SMS in it.

Which plan are you getting exactly? Because I don't see any BB plan that includes unlimited SMS with it. It might just be me...i dunno

PIN/ID
    Ask Me

PIN/ID
    STACK
    yea when i look at those plans it doesn't say anything about SMS that's included...hmmmm strange

PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    If you were to get the 1,000 minute plan for $39 and add the $19 unlimited data, you would have to pay another $15 to get unlimited SMS for a total of $73.

You get all of that with the minutes and mail plan for $59

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast