Hi everyone. This is my first post here so as most can probably gather, I'm ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

SilleeString no está en línea Stack level 2

AIM IM forwarding - Not receiving confirmation message

Advertisement

Hi everyone. This is my first post here so as most can probably gather, I'm a happy owner of a brand new Blackberry Pearl

I tried searching this first but I couldn't find any matches so here goes...

I purchased a text plan and decided I was going to go ahead and sign up for AIM IM forwarding. When I went to do so however, I couldn't find the 8100 under RIM, only some other models. I tried picking one at random and registering my phone number, but when the site said it had sent me a confirmation message, I got nothing. I tried again and again after choosing different models but nothing. I tried looking for some sort of contact information at the AOL/AIM Mobile website but for the life of I couldn't find any. Does anybody have any ideas as to what's going on? Thanks in advance for your reply!

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: AIM IM forwarding - Not receiving confirmation message

Welcome to Pinstack!

Have you tried maybe installing the application for AIM that won't use txt messages? It is called Ramble. It has its ups and downs, but the good thing is it uses data. If you have an unlimited data plan it doesn't cost you anything. Here is the link... http://wireless.sra.com/ramble/. You can access this link through your bb browser.

rameneater84 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23ED8315

He doesnt have teh data plan

SilleeString no está en línea Stack level 2

Hi Stacey, thanks for the tip but I don't have the data plan, just a text plan as I would use the latter much much more than the former (in and outside of AIM) and I can't afford both right now.