Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is there a limit on how many people I can put on my buddy list ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Pomdiddy no está en línea Stack level 1

AIM buddy list limit on my Pearl

Advertisement

Is there a limit on how many people I can put on my buddy list for AIM on my Pearl? For some reason, only 14 people show up as available and 9 as not. I've tried refreshing the list, logging off and on, and turning my pearl off and on and still, I'm limited to those numbers. Help..........

rkkeller no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: AIM buddy list limit on my Pearl

I think the limit is 30. The OZ AIM is very unreliable.

Thanks for the quick response rkkeller.

30 totall including the non available buddies? Wow, that sucks. Is there a way to change that in the settings anywhere. That'd be cool if you can. I've also noticed that when I try to add the 15th person, I'd get that running aol dude on the screen for hours. I'm thinking it froze on me so I'd have to restart the phone. It happened 5 times on me. Oh well...

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Nope, no way to do that... we are all kinda "SOL" on this one. If you want you can try ramble (which is free) or IM+ (which is $50)

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hello Pomdiddy, welcome to pinstack. Definitely try IM+ if you are looking for a quality instant messaging app.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks Pomdiddy. I've also had good luck with Verichat Instant Messenger.

Can I just say, I love this site. Without it, I'd be so clueless on how to operate my pearl.

Will Ramble or IM+ automaticaly upload my buddy list from ichat or aol buddies? I'm a Mac guy and I wish that the pearl supports iChat.
    I doubt that I'd get IM+ cuz I can't afford to pay another $50 just for a chat program. Thanks for the comments guys.

StaceyRVC no está en línea Community pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

the $50 is a one time fee... it is worth it. It pulls your buddies from your aol buddy list. I don't have a clue what ichat is so I can't help you with that part... LOL

GotPearl? no está en línea Stack level 5

Why would you need it to work with ichat. Lol you have the same buddies you would without ichat. I have a Mac too. Why would you want/need it to support ichat?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

I just used the hacked Google Talk. Works the same as IM+ just takes a bit of work tweeking for the transports and all. I guess I'm cheap and I don't have 50 bucks. LOL

rivviepop no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pomdiddy
    Will Ramble or IM+ automaticaly upload my buddy list from ichat or aol buddies? I'm a Mac guy and I wish that the pearl supports iChat.
    With all the services (Yahoo, AIM, Google, etc.) your buddy lists are stored on the server; what's on your computer is a locally cached copy only. So, any of the IM apps will work in the sense you think ("use your iChat") because iChat works like they do - it stores on the server.

Basically, when you add/delete buddies those changes are stored upstream. When a client connects (any client), the first thing they ask is "hey what's my buddy list, mr. server?" and downloads any changesets to it's locally cached copy. A lot of folks use IM on 2 or more things (I use one at home, 1 at work, and my phone) and the buddies are always in sync.

Thanks for the helpful info guys!!! I'll try downloading Ramble and see how it works for me.

dogNamedMerl no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23E19E6C

I couldn't make Ramble work, but if you have the patience to set up Google Talk with the transport hack, I'd recomend it too. It integrates itself beautifully into bb environment (adds an IM conversation icon next to the bb messages icon, sounds customizable with each ring profile, and gives you that nice "so and so is typing a message" feedback).

I found Google Talk here:
    http://www.blackberry.com/GoogleTalk/index.do

I followed this for the hack:
    http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=681408&rl=1,

using "smoula.net" as the transport server (which Google's server uses to communicate with AIM).

Cheers!

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

How many buddies do you have all together? I keep trying to log in using the jabber to connect to aim and as soon as it loads up all of the 'unregistered' users it crashes on my phone

yarraguzmn no está en línea Stack level 1

so how do you hack the google talk and put it on your phone?...im confused...could you help me out with a walkthrough?

thanksss

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast