Hey, I have a new pearl through t-mobile and I was having some ringtone issues. ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

azebiak no está en línea Stack level 1

Ahhhh ringtone question

Advertisement

Hey, I have a new pearl through t-mobile and I was having some ringtone issues.
    all the preloaded ringtones are working perfectly, but when I transfer mp3s onto my phone and apply them as ringtones, when the person the song is applied to calls the phone either lags and just shows the spinning hourglass until long after they are at my voicemail, or it defaults to the ringer for the rest of my contacts.

Originally I was having trouble with anybody set as one of my MyFavs, but I realized that changing their ringer in their contact info only worked if you did it from the myFavs bubble, which is a pain because I have those hidden :-\
    But even when I figured that part out, my downloaded content would not work....

anyone have any ideas

is it possible that the file is too big, I doubt it, it is only 90k, which isn't that much larger than the preloaded rings....ahhh, anyone have a solution?

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Ahhhh ringtone question

the first thing anyone suggests is a battery pull---try that until someone more knowledge able comes along

pseudosuit no está en línea Stack level 1

Are you using a large file size, full length mp3 as a ringtone? You might need to cut it down so it can load quicker.

no, actually i took an mp3 file, cut it to about 20 seconds and lowered the file quality significantly....i'll try the battery pull though

figured it out, it was only the ringtones for the people on my myfavs that weren't working.

I couldn't find any working solution except a battery pull each time you change one of their ringtones :-\

hopefully there will be an update soon that will take care of this.