Greetings to all forum users, 3 days ago i got a PERL device, didn’t had ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

kozmos241 no está en línea Stack level 1

after reading it all, fuew newbie questions

Advertisement

Greetings to all forum users,

3 days ago i got a PERL device, didn’t had time to explore it till this morning. I find it very useful device but i have some questions

First of all I am using blackberry pearl Vodafone branded device for Croatian vipnet/Vodafone partner. Software versioon of my phone is 4.2.0.67. On these forum I have fond links to other pearl system software providers, and there is variety of softer versions. T-mobile has newer software version than me in my phone, can I install t-mobile branded software to my device and expect it to work? Or if not, what is best way to update my phones software.

I don’t have e-mail notification sound enabled on my phone, when I receive email i don’t hear a thing. Where can I set it up, or where can I change profile related sounds.

When i receive e-mail message with .doc attachments, and I wont to forward it to someone else, i don’t have ability to edit included email body text from previous messages, or delete it, is there some feature to enable this?

How can I store attachments and then include them to new mail messages?

And one more crazy thing, my PEARL dos not display phonebook entries correctly, when somebody calls me I see full providers number eg. +38591xxxxxxx and a lot of numbers in phonebook are stored like 091xxxxxx, what to do to fix this? New PEARL software version or I need to reedit all numbers manually.

Thank you for your answers

bobhammer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2171D09A

Re: after reading it all, fuew newbie questions

Welcome to the forum

1. First, you can download every others provider's OS, once you installed the OS, go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader and delete the vendor.xml and plug in your bb and load the application loader and viola..!!

2.Go to profile on your phone...scroll to the bottom and choose Advanced and edit the current profile that you are using..and you will see a list of things that you can enable a notification for them..and choose the one that you want a sound for that..!!

I just updated my pearl with cingulars software,

now, i will enable all themes.

Thanks for info

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

kozmos241, Welcome to PinStack.

When i receive e-mail message with .doc attachments, and I wont to forward it to someone else, i don’t have ability to edit included email body text from previous messages, or delete it, is there some feature to enable this?
    No, this is a limitation of the BB email client.
    How can I store attachments and then include them to new mail messages?
    You can't. Again a limitation of the client.
    And one more crazy thing, my PEARL dos not display phonebook entries correctly, when somebody calls me I see full providers number eg. +38591xxxxxxx and a lot of numbers in phonebook are stored like 091xxxxxx, what to do to fix this? New PEARL software version or I need to reedit all numbers manually.
    Open the Call Log (Phone App) Menu and select Smart Dialling. Enter your Country Code and Area Code in the appropriate fields. Should cure this problem.
    Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Thanks alot one more time

actually you answerd all of my questions, i spent till now reading forum, and seting upp my bb pearl. everything is peachy working perfectly.

I hope that email app will get some of this features that in my opinion are a must for any user.

I am not confortable jet with this keyboard, but i am workin on that, i gues in fuew weeks i will be able to drive and type

Where can i find change log for all device software changes? does that exist at all.

And, is there any third party mail app, something like versamail for palm or ce, that will work with BlackBery server and have some more advanced features.

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

I have a question that is related to post #4. What is the country code for the United States of America.

Thanks in advance,

COJO 24

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by COJO 24
    I have a question that is related to post #4. What is the country code for the United States of America.

Thanks in advance,

COJO 24
    1? lol jk I have no idea wata shame

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

This may be too hard of an easy question...

Im pretty sure its 1.

peterbabiy no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    23DE41AA

Quote Originally Posted by cp6169
    This may be too hard of an easy question...

Im pretty sure its 1.
    Ha ha, I guess I was right

COJO 24 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    23E89BE8

HAHA, well I had no idea so thanks for the info.

COJO 24