I installed the last available OS (4.2.1.107) from TMO web site, i have a 8100 ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

pbkiller no está en línea Stack level 1

After installing last TMO OS games freeze

Advertisement

I installed the last available OS (4.2.1.107) from TMO web site, i have a 8100 pearl from ATT unlocked, and after the upgrade, the brickbreaker game and the media player freeze up many times. It even says that the media processor is busy, and it doesnt play any mp3 or ringtone. When i power off and back the phone, this goes, but then it happens again once i start loading the game and anny other mp3 file. Has this happened to any of you guys? The brickbreaker game freezes up constantly and it just bothers me! Have anyone had this problem before? thanks in advance!

Rob

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Re: After installing last TMO OS games freeze

check your memory and check what else is running in the background hogging resources

Quote Originally Posted by guyheavensent
    check your memory and check what else is running in the background hogging resources
    umm.... how do i do that!>? this is my first BB

guyheavensent no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    717cff09

Menu>options>Status to check memory status

alt and i believe it is the back button to switch between running applications, just exit out of ones you are not using. there should be a few that are OS related and can't be shut down.

just my .02 since I have to wait 2 weeks for my pearl

by 'powering off' do you mean a battery pull? hmmm

if that fails I would look toward a reinstallation of the OS(*backup your phone is recommended so you don't lose info off the device)

Um yep, after a couple of days, even when powering off and back on the phone it still lags. And with the battery pull also it lags. And i dont think its a memory "hogging" issue, i mean previously my last OS was the last from from cingular, it all started when i upgraded to TMO's .107 OS. Before that i had issues with the txt messaging, it repeated letters (uu when i intended to press i) and stuff like that. I need a stable OS for the multitap feature cause i txt like crazy. Whats the most stable OS ( i upgraded to .107 bc i read someplace that the txt bug was fixed on that one, it made it better but it wasnt fixed completely)
    Thanks for all the help

Rob