I decided to change my housing on my 8130 since it had excessive scratches, but ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

rumbler888 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question After changing housing, my handset doesn't work

Advertisement

I decided to change my housing on my 8130 since it had excessive scratches, but after doing so my handset doesn't work. The only way I can talk to people is using the speakerphone but this does not help when I go to the Library. I tried taking it apart again then putting it back together but no luck. Any and All Help is Appreciated,

Thanks, Mike

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    When taking it apart did you puncher anything? Or did something happen that made you like "I hope this works"; after dropping it, scrapping something, or anything that happened that you are not enclosing in your post??
    I take apart my curve and change the faceplates all the time and nothing like this happened unless what I described above....

Let us know more detail while changing the face plate....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

I didn't puncture anything or drop it. nothing. The only thing that I may have done wrong was I wiped the parts with a baby wipe to clean them but that's it. I don't think that would have hurt it.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Maybe the moisture from the baby wipe got into the phone.... When did this happen?
    I would wait a couple of days and then try it again. If not call your provider and let them know what is going, but I would not tell them about the baby wipe... See if your phone is under warranty and then exchange it!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

I dont understand why that would be the only thing that does not work though??

ashdub01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2460d307
    This may not help but I had got a clear faceplate for my pearl one time and never checked it completely out, my phone was fully charged when I went to sleep and when I woke up it was DEAD, the case covered the camera button so the camera was on all night, after that I took the case back off and noticed my speaker thing was also covered as well as my camera on the back. I will never get a phone case now without double checking.
    **Ashmee**

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    possibly a piece of tape on the back of the case? im sure you've already checked that.

mlphipps03 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ummm i work for tmobile dont tell them you chagned the housing, voids the warrenty!! just tell em the ohone stopped working!