Greetings all, forgive me, I am new here... For the last couple of years, I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

tony.radford no está en línea Stack level 1

Adjust Gain Table?

Advertisement

Greetings all, forgive me, I am new here...

For the last couple of years, I have used that thing called a Moto RAZR V3, but currently obtained a Pearl. While using a V3, I learned how to access the phone's "gain table" to increase the volume/sensitivity of the phone, and bluetooth's microphone volume, thus making it easier for my caller to hear me when i talk in a softer voice, etc...

Does anyone know if this is possible to do on a Pearl?

firegeek no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Adjust Gain Table?

You can increase the gain in the media player. Go to Media Player>menu>options> scroll down to media and you will see Audio Boost. Click on that and turn it on. You will get a warning message about exceeding the safe limit. Scroll down on that and click "don't ask again" and then "yes". Then hit the back button and save your options.
    This will work for the audio but not for in call volume.
    Then open your phone. Hit menu>options>enhanced audio>enable. Close and save.
    Last edited by firegeek; 01-30-2008 at 10:26 PM. Reason: forgot about enhanced audio
    Firegeek......and crackberry addict

tony.radford no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks! I was wondering about that as well...

However, what I was really wanting to do is increase Microphone volume/gain for bluetooth

ErnieH no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20817CCE

I have a Pearl 8100 and also really miss Moto's gain adjustment and general hackability. But everything else is just so right about the Pearl.

spacemn_spiff no está en línea Stack level 1

I am in the same boat as well. Had the RAZR hacked to death with about 10MB free space. I miss P2K manager, deleting all the unnecessary stuff on the phone. With pearl its harder to get to things I would want to delete.

I find the ringtone volume on the Pearl to be too low. It doesn't work with majority of my ringtones because its not audible in a normal environment such as while watching TV, I cannot hear the ringtone about 10 feet away.
    Black Pearl 8100 - T-Mobile