I am using the Pearl. It was working fine for six weeks. Now I've started ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

ahmadaasil no está en línea Stack level 1

Addressbook search glitch

Advertisement

I am using the Pearl. It was working fine for six weeks. Now I've started to notice that when I try to search for names in my addressbook by typing in the first few letters of the first or last name, a lot of times I do not get the results I would expect. I.e. if I am looking for Jon Smith, and I press J O N, I might get no hits, or some other hit which happens to have the same three characters, but Jon Smith won't show up.

I have no filters on. The addressbook is fairly large - about 1400 names. I sync with Outlook (but not on an Enterprise Server).

All the names are in the phone, i can scoll down (endlessly) to find names that do not appear when I try to search. All the names are in Outlook.

This only started happening recently - i did install some of these new applications - like BB Weather and the Opera Mini Browser. I am not sure if they are related but it seems like an odd glitch.

Anyone experienced this? I wonder if I need to delete all the contacts and re-sync.

Thanks,
    Aasil

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    ahmadaasil, Welcome to PinStack.

Have you tried a Cold Reboot (Battery Out, wait 15-30 sec, Battery Back in), some times that will clear up problems with improper or unusual function.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with this problem or your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Are you using suretype or multi-tap?

ahmadaasil no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Are you using suretype or multi-tap?
    Cold reboot worked. I urned it off before and took the battery out but not for long enough.

I was using suretype but I checked to see if that was the cause of the problem. Whatever table that contained the contact names was out of sync.

Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    ahmadaasil, Glad you got it back. Remember the cold reboot in the future.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles