This is what the Blackberry TKS has told me, When synchronizing an Address Book contact ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Sean_sd no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    301B99C2

Question Address Book wont syncronize my Notes???

Advertisement

This is what the Blackberry TKS has told me,

When synchronizing an Address Book contact that contains a large note, the information contained in the Notes field may be truncated on the BlackBerry device. The Notes field for an Address Book contact has a character limit of 4 KB (approximately 4048 characters).

I am wondering if this is a per contact thing or the alltogether memory that is alloted for the notes portion of the entire address book. If so can this be changed??

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    From my experience, the 4k limit is per contact. I know I have some pretty large notes attached to multiple contacts (driving directions, vendor information / prices, etc...) and while I have had an occasional note truncate they have always been huge notes.

It wouldn't be hard to test. Add a 3.5k note to two contacts and sync. I believe it should work.

Do be warned that there is only so much memory on the device and that your notes can't be stored on an SD card -- so you're limited to the 64mb internal memory minus whatever apps / other data you've got on there.

From what I can tell, there is no way to change this limit.

Hope this helps!
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade