My Outlook address book had numerous duplicate addresses due to sync'ing problems with a previous ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

joseph1 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204FBE2C

Address Book reconciliation

Advertisement

My Outlook address book had numerous duplicate addresses due to sync'ing problems with a previous device. These duplicates transferred to my BB once I sync'd. I deleted 225 duplicates on the handheld so that the next sync would result in these being deleted in Outlook.

The Desktop Manager shows the status of any changes in the sync process and I noted that it wants to add the 225 deleted items back to the handheld. I cancelled the sync of the address book.

My question is how do I sync so that the net effect is the 225 items are removed from Outlook and do not return to my BB?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Re: Address Book reconciliation

you deleted the entries from the BB but didn't delete them from Outlook. I had that happen too. you have to manually delete them from both or select a device to 'win' from your conflict resolution screen in DM under syncing.

PIN/ID
    204FBE2C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    204FBE2C

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thx for the reply. I did select handheld to win and it still wanted to replace. Looks like I will have to delete in outlook as well.

Regards
    Joseph