I have the 8120 from t-mob. In the options there is the security options. I ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

krazyj125 no está en línea Stack level 2

Address Book problems

Advertisement

I have the 8120 from t-mob. In the options there is the security options. I turned on content protection and put yes for my address book. I also went into application permissions and and went into the core app. I went into edit permissions and on user data i put deny. It prompted me to reset the unit to take effect. After the reset it worked and blocked my content. But now I want to remove the protection. So I go and turn the permissions to allow, and went to content protection and turned it off. I get no restart prompt. I go into my address book and it shows everything blank. It still says content protection enabled. I tried resetting the phone and doing and battery pull. I also tried and redoing the settings to default and rechecked content protection is off. I still get my address book blocked. How do I fix this.
    Thank You

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB
    try disabling your password; you can also have content protection on and not include the address book

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    Content protection is a tricky thing and I usually recommend people don't use it....just put a password on the device this will prevent anyone from accessing your data.

Do you have your data backed up anywhere...your only option may be to wipe the device.

krazyj125 no está en línea Stack level 2
    my password is already disabled. And yes I do have my contacts backed up on my sim card. So you recommend wiping the device? there is no other way to fix the problem??