I am currently having difficulties with the address book on my bb pearl. I have ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

626pas no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down address book not showing contacts

Advertisement

I am currently having difficulties with the address book on my bb pearl. I have tried to input names manually, and tried to copy over from my sim card, to the address book but does not show up when I access it. It does show up when I go to menu-options-sort by:. When I get into this screen, I change it over to first or last name and then save changes. It will then show up on the address book, but then will disappear when I close it out. Also when I am in the address book options, it shows number of entries: (currently 195). So I know that it is on the phone, but not showing up on the first screen. Has anyone else have this problem or is it just my unit?
    I am really having a difficult time with this and it is frustrating when I am not able to access my numbers without having to search for them. Please help.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: address book not showing contacts

Welcome to pinstack. In the address book open the menu and choose filter, see if there are any check marks.

Let us know if you need any more help.

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Welcome to the Stacks 626pas. Let us know if this works for you.

superaverage no está en línea Stack level 1

It's because I'm having the same problem, that I joined pinstack. It's very frustrating to add an address and never see it again. This is... until I type the phone number manually, when hitting the call button the name appears as if it's in the address book.

I understand the "Filter" checkmarks, and that's not it. Are the any another suggestions?

chiapat2000 no está en línea Stack level 1

i'm having same problem - please help

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

If the Filters are unchecked, go to your Address book and then press the menu button, select options, then "sort by".

Change it from "first name" to "last name" or vice versa. Save the changes and exit. Do a Battery Pull reset. When the phone reboots, can you see the address book?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

M3Stylz no está en línea Stack level 1

i just bought a brand new black berry pearl. After i put my sim into it i loaded the numbers from the sim onto the phone. When i hit the back key they all disappear?

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Hi M3Stylz, is there an option to "transfer to phone, or address book"? Also do you see any filters?

CHIVANATOR no está en línea Stack level 1

I had the same problem and all I had to do was transfer from sim to phone.
    but I wanted to know if its possible to transfer backwards from phone to sim?