Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24

Originally Posted by mrdeeno very easily solved.... go to the address book and select a ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

  1. #16
    seabirdone's Avatar
    seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001
    Posts
    385

    Re: Address Book - No fields for BirthDay, Anniversary etc.

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    very easily solved....

    go to the address book and select a contact.

    Then click the menu button and select edit.
    Go to "User#" field that is empty, click the menu button again.

    select "Change Field Name" and enter "DOB" or "Birthday" or whatever.

    If you choose "User1" to change, it will change "User1" for all contacts so you only have to do it once. And you can sync the field to a custom field in the outlook address book. Don't remember how and I'm not at work so can't tell you right now, but I have it sync'd.
    This is supreme info .I have wondered for some time how i can individually field such things as anniversarys etc.I have just entered my own anni.on my wifes contact page.Now i have no excuse to forget!! 4 new fields to personalise.
    Last edited by seabirdone; 07-18-2007 at 03:05 AM.

  2. #17
    Lowrider's Avatar
    Lowrider no está en línea Device Pro
    Join Date
    May 2007
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    Posts
    1,418

    Re: Address Book - No fields for BirthDay, Anniversary etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by mrdeeno
    very easily solved....

    go to the address book and select a contact.

    Then click the menu button and select edit.
    Go to "User#" field that is empty, click the menu button again.

    select "Change Field Name" and enter "DOB" or "Birthday" or whatever.

    If you choose "User1" to change, it will change "User1" for all contacts so you only have to do it once. And you can sync the field to a custom field in the outlook address book. Don't remember how and I'm not at work so can't tell you right now, but I have it sync'd.
    Dang, u da man! Thx so much. Works great. Rep given.
    -----------------------------------
    Thx a lot!
    Low
    OSU Buckeye's # 1

  3. #18
    roelnic's Avatar
    roelnic no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: Address Book - No fields for BirthDay, Anniversary etc.

    struggeled at the same manner to retrieve the birthday for already filled contacts.
    I couldn't find them in my contacts... HOWEVER
    if reminders are added already based on the birthday in outlook, just search on your BB for the name of the person in your calendar.

    Result:
    Fr 18-january 1981
    Name's Birthday

    works fine for me...

  4. #19
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Address Book - No fields for BirthDay, Anniversary etc.

    Here is the tutorial again... I can't seem to get it working right.

    http://the-trusted-adviser.spaces.li...F8CC!512.entry

    then there is this to convert all old contacts to the new. Also can't seem to get it right.

    http://the-trusted-adviser.spaces.li...F8CC!513.entry

  5. #20
    msingewald's Avatar
    msingewald no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    PIN/ID
    30490cbe
    Posts
    6

    Re: Address Book - No fields for BirthDay, Anniversary etc.

    I just upgraded to the 8130 and noticed that Birthday and Anniversary fields have been added. I connect through BES and those fields don't show in the Blackberry manager, but maybe it is coming soon.

  6. #21
    spikus's Avatar
    spikus no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    317a9127
    Posts
    130

    Re: Address Book - No fields for BirthDay, Anniversary etc.

    ya the new 4.3 os has improved address, with bdays and anniv's
    ya

    317a9127

  7. #22
    DomConway's Avatar
    DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by spikus View Post
    ya the new 4.3 os has improved address, with bdays and anniv's
    It does but if I enter details in them they don't seem to synchronise with my Outlook via the BES. Is that a feature that's just not available in the current latest BES version does anyone know?

  8. #23
    DomConway's Avatar
    DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by DomConway View Post
    It does but if I enter details in them they don't seem to synchronise with my Outlook via the BES. Is that a feature that's just not available in the current latest BES version does anyone know?
    Got birthdays working now - was a simple case of mapping it on the BES. There doesn't seem to be a field to map anniversary to though, maybe that's coming.

  9. #24
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907
    Quote Originally Posted by DomConway View Post
    Got birthdays working now - was a simple case of mapping it on the BES. There doesn't seem to be a field to map anniversary to though, maybe that's coming.
    Pretty sure when 4.5 OS comes out this issue is resolved. They finally have the fields mapped for us in the address book.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •