Is it possible to delete the whole address book?... BlackBerry Pearl forum

sheldon no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205515b3

Address Book

Advertisement

Is it possible to delete the whole address book?

karmalaw no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Address Book

uh...you don't ever want to store any names and numbers? or is it that youwant to delete the contents of the address book so you can start fresh?

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

i could be wrong, but i don't think there is a way to just delete the address book. but a relatively easy way is to just turn off "confirm delete" and just use the delete button all the way down the list. (depending on how many entries you have)

to turn off confirm delete (so it would be a lot quicker deleting the entries), just go into address book > options > and then Confirm Delete: No.

if i'm wrong, someone please correct me, but i haven't found a way. hope it helps.

bigvo9 no está en línea Stack level 1

is there a way to see the phone numbers on my SIM card when i go to address book. All of my numbers are on my sim card and i rather view it from there instead of transferring all of the numbers to the phone. right now if i wanted to view the numbers on the card i have to go to menu then "SIM phone book". Can i put the Sim phonebook as default? also so i can save phone memory.

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Yo guys/Girls,

i have a qucik qstn...I have 164 entries in my default phone book. When i click MENU>SIM PHONE BOOK, it loads up the sim contacts...I have 1 contact listed. WTF?

I dont plan on switching phones anytime soon, but if something happens to it i most certainly want the other remaining 163 contacts to be saved to the SIM.

How do i copy ALL 164 CONTACTS to the SIM? I see no option to do this

Thanks Stackers

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

not sure about copying it to a SIM card, but you can do a backup of your blackberry, and particularly the address book so no worries about losing it if you had to replace your device
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by bigvo9
    is there a way to see the phone numbers on my SIM card when i go to address book. All of my numbers are on my sim card and i rather view it from there instead of transferring all of the numbers to the phone. right now if i wanted to view the numbers on the card i have to go to menu then "SIM phone book". Can i put the Sim phonebook as default? also so i can save phone memory.
    I don't think you can make the SIM phonebook default. Why wouldn't you use the pearls phone book? You can add so much more information with the pearl phonebook.

Quote Originally Posted by chknlomein
    Yo guys/Girls,

i have a qucik qstn...I have 164 entries in my default phone book. When i click MENU>SIM PHONE BOOK, it loads up the sim contacts...I have 1 contact listed. WTF?

I dont plan on switching phones anytime soon, but if something happens to it i most certainly want the other remaining 163 contacts to be saved to the SIM.

How do i copy ALL 164 CONTACTS to the SIM? I see no option to do this

Thanks Stackers
    You have to do that one at a time. I did it....it took forever.

chknlomein no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24646FEB

Awesome! I cant wait to copy the remaining 163 contacts one by one! Woo Woo.

Jaykay, thanks though guys.

Appreciate it

akg
    akg no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240EB50D

I know we all do this differently but for me, I sync all my contacts with Outlook (or whatever PIM software) and so if I get another device even if it's not a BB, most devices can be loaded from that same database. I had a regular samsung phone before this and I was able to export my address book to CSV and then load that into outlook. That way I made sure Outlook was the correct "master" address book and it could sync with my BB or any other phone/PDA I ever get.

mando82 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by chknlomein
    Awesome! I cant wait to copy the remaining 163 contacts one by one! Woo Woo.

Jaykay, thanks though guys.

Appreciate it
    Yup. I sync mine with outlook too. I just made a another folder labeled BB contacts. So I don't get my regular outlook contacts mixed in with my BB contacts. Pretty easy. And very effective.

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Yeah.
    I have in my (private) Outlook 7 adressbooks... keeping history from my long replaced phones...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)