I realized that some new Pearlers or even regular members still have issues tethering their ... BlackBerry Pearl forum
Additional info if you still have problems tethering your Pearl...
I realized that some new Pearlers or even regular members still have issues tethering their modem. Below are just additional steps to take that may help you. I've also posted this on an earlier thread.
- Disable firewall
- Disconnect lan cables and telephone line if connected
- After connection has been created, go to properties, networking tab, ensure that tcp/ip is selected and hit properties again, advance, and turn off 'use ip header'
- While under the networking tab, make sure that tcp/ip, Client for Microsoft Networks and possibly QoS Packet Scheduler and File and Printer Sharing etc. are listed and checked.
- Changing the speed of the modem and/or network connection does not have an affect on your connection speed, all based on EDGE, signal strength, and location.
- Make sure the com port number matches the device that Rim Virtual Serial Port is installed on, usually com4 or 5. Right click on My computer, properties, hardware tab, device manager. Expand the Ports and check there. I have mine installed on both 4 and 5. Go to your phone/modem settings and under modems tab, check the com # that Standard Modem is set to.
- While in the modems tab, highlight Standard modem and click on properties and run a diagnostic and make sure that it doesn't give you any errors.
- When DM is opened, right click on bottom right hand corner of window (device manager) and select properties. Place a checkmark to enable it to start every time systems starts. Reboot, and connect without DM running. *Desktop manager does not need to be running to get this to work. DM can be corrupted and may cause device manager not to work.
- in the initialization string, try adding AT in front of the string +cgdcont...
- If all fails, uninstall TCP/IP. Do this by going into the command prompt or select run, and type cmd. Type netsh int ip reset all - Enter. Also, don't think it will help but it doesn't hurt to try. In DOS command, type ipconfig/release - Enter, then ipconfig/renew, then ipconfig/registerdns. Reboot and try again.
If you have problems, you can pm or pin me. I should be able to get you connected
Re: Additional info if you still have problems tethering your Pearl...
that's some great information! thanks for the post!
Tags for this Thread