Ok, i just opened the Blackberry Pearl and want to add some custom ringtones. Can ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

romefalls86 no está en línea Stack level 2

Adding songs for ringtones

Advertisement

Ok, i just opened the Blackberry Pearl and want to add some custom ringtones. Can someone help me out here? I tried using the desktop manager and using the macro card it came with but it says it's too big for the blackberry size limit

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Adding songs for ringtones

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~try adjusting your phones memory capacity

romefalls86 no está en línea Stack level 2

stupid question, but how do i do that?

BoneTrayz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    204c681a

Are you tying to put the music on the card or the bb's memory???

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

if you are adding music to your phone using the media manager on your desktop manager you'll have a file limitation of i think 2.5 mbs. so ig the file is larger then you can't add it that way.
    you can turn mass storage mode on through your device so when your device is connected to your computer then a new driver will open up with your memory card
    Last edited by jonnyxedge; 09-05-2007 at 03:35 AM.

Ranz no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyxedge
    if you are adding music to your phone using the media manager on your desktop manager you'll have a file limitation of i think 2.5 mbs. so ig the file is larger then you can't add it that way.
    you can turn *** storage mode on through your device so when your device is connected to your computer then a new driver will open up with your memory card
    Thanks jonny batt died on me!

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

no problem at all! glad i could help. if you need anything let me know

blanc701 no está en línea Stack level 1

Try using mobile17.com. Once you sign up for a free account, it will let you upload any Mp3 you have on your comp to use as a ringtone. Not a bad site.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

also make sure your OS is up to date as well as your DM...i'm not entirely sure about the 2.5mbs limitation though...i have a few mp3s on my BB and most are over 5mb...one is even 9.1mb...anyways i digress

if you're OS and DM are up to date you can just drag and drop compatible audio files onto you MicroSD card...BB pearls will support up to 4gb so you shouldn't have a problem getting enough music on there...make sure you format the memory card before you load anything and please remember that formatting erases all previously stored data

PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Also if you are looking for ringtones go to the official ringtone thread 2 in blackberry multimedia and you can make requests there. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

stoenrguy169 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Not sure if you figured out your problem yet but here is a sure way to add custom ringtones to your BB. First go to audacity.sourceforge.netand download the program with this program you can cut your music to your licking. When your done editing your music go to file->export as mp3. If it ask you to download something else you can do it from the site. When your all done drop it into your micro Sd card. When you put it into your BB go to your profile->edit->tune->then go to the drop menu click browse and then in that menu click menu and explore and then it will give you the option to explore your card and boom there are your tones that you made. Oh yeah umm keep them under 30 sec I think well that’s how mine are.