Hey all, I searched for some threads on this but couldnt find one on point, ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

camerr55 no está en línea Stack level 2

Adding music and coversion problems...

Advertisement

Hey all, I searched for some threads on this but couldnt find one on point, so here i go...

I want to put songs from my computer onto the pearl, however a lot of my songs (that I bought from iTunes) are in MPEG 4 Format and when I put them onto the phone they dont show up. I think it is because the new songs from iTunes are blocked, because I can tell that its only a problem for the newer songs that I got there, and not ones that I have on CD's and what not.

Also, when creating a ring tone I used a song that I had in my own library, is there any way to pick out a part of the song that I want as opposed to using it from the beginning, or is there a ring tone creator that someone might suggest?

Thanks so much all, if anyone wants to know about the law id be glad to help, but when it comes to the pearl, I am at your mercy, haha.

MC

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Adding music and coversion problems...

I've added a lot of stuff to my media card but none from itunes. This may not be much help but I seem to remember a Komando.com tip sometime back on how to get tunes from itunes into your p-c. You might do a search on Komando.com to see if you can find it. There also might be a thread in pinstack - do some searches on media cards, adding songs, itunes, etc. and see if you come up with some reading material. I'll bet you're not the 1st to try to do this. Hope that gives you a place to start.

THere's a search window in pinstack, upper right of screen.

jblackfish

dragonssports no está en línea Stack level 1

It is my understanding you will need to convert songs you have purchased to an unprotected format, burn to CD, resave the the "new" songs from CD to your music folder on your computer. USB your phone to your computer or insert micro SD card and open the media manager in your BB desktop manager and then drag songs to your music folder in your media manager.

Thanks a ton gragon and blackfish, i messed around with a program called noteburner that actually has a button called "itunes convert" but saw a lot of posts about it being a sloppy progam and is difficult to uninstall and what not, looks like the burn and convert method is the way to go. Darn this DRM~!

swbtsboy no está en línea Stack level 3

I Downloaded songs from iTunes to a CD, saving them as MP3's.

Here's something that may help you. http://lifehacker.com/software/ringt...mp3-212232.php

I then downloaded Audacity to cut them down and choose what part of the songs I wanted. I know next to NOTHING about computers or Blackberrys and I was able to do it, you should have no problem. I learned how just last week by messing around with them.

The Audacity link is on the site above.
    Last edited by swbtsboy; 01-13-2008 at 06:47 PM.

thanks man, but when i burn them off of itunes to a CD i still seem to have the same problem getting them onto the BB... did you then do anything to convert them to a usable format?

more specifically, how do you "save as mp3"?? thanks so much!

There is a way... Sheesh I'll have to remember how I did it LOL! I found instructions on Google on how to convert to MP3's. Lemme see if I can find it again.

EDIT:
    Here is one of them. If you do a Google search for "iTunes to MP3" you'll find plenty.

http://askbobrankin.com/convert_itun...p3_format.html
    Last edited by swbtsboy; 01-13-2008 at 07:01 PM.

ok cool, right now im trying to rip it in windows media, then rip to WMM then to MP3, may be a stretch but we'll see, thanks for your help... i got the pearl yesterday and am just sinking my nails into it, you find any other cool stuff thats worth while? games, programs and so on...?

No.. I spent enough time on this. I've only had my Pearl for a week so this is the first thing I found to do.

Don't get frustrated with the conversion process. It took me more time to find out how to do it than to actually do it. It looks a lot more complicated than what it is.

One piece of advice... Do ONE song on Audacity... transfer to your BB and test it to see how loud it is in a fairly noisy place. At the top of the Audacity screen is "Effect." It has the "Amplify" link to make the mp3 louder and more than likely you will have to do that. You wont be able to use the "Amplify" until you listen to the song and let it play out. All the choices under "Effect" are whited out untill you let the selection play.

I found that going to a 8.0 or 9.0 is about all the BB speaker can handle before a bad distortion sets in. I dont know how to use the rest of the effects yet but I'll play with it.
    Last edited by swbtsboy; 01-13-2008 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swbtsboy View Post
    There is a way... Sheesh I'll have to remember how I did it LOL! I found instructions on Google on how to convert to MP3's. Lemme see if I can find it again.

EDIT:
    Here is one of them. If you do a Google search for "iTunes to MP3" you'll find plenty.

http://askbobrankin.com/convert_itun...p3_format.html

dude this is unreal, thanks. it works perfectly, now i gotta go try that ringtone link you gave me earlier. its annoying that the restriction is there in the first place but what can ya do, anything i can help you with just let me know, not sure what there will be, but ill give it a shot... later

dragonssports no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It sure is a pain to have to jump through hoops transfering music you have purchased so you can carry one device (pearl) to handle all your media and day-to-day needs. But that is probably a discussion that does not belong here!
    Good luck with your new BB, as a longtime treo power user and now a four month BB user you Will like the bb product.