Does anyone know how to add input languages to the 8100? I have had previous ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bstrac77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Adding Input Languages

Advertisement

Does anyone know how to add input languages to the 8100? I have had previous experience doing so with 7100s, but for some reason I can't figure out how this functionality works on the Pearl.

Any insight will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    bstrac77, Welcome to PinStack.

Sorry, don't know anything about the pearl, but on the 8700 it's on the the Options/Language page, if you have a multi language version of the OS installed.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Thanks for the welcome and the reply!

Unfortunately, I already tried that. Then I went one step further and tried loading the feature from the OS install menu with little luck. My 7105t had this feature and to the best of my knowledge, it was not a muti-lingual OS.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    You'll most likely have to download a Multilang version from another carrier.
    For ex. O2

I don't have a Pearl so someone else can confirm this Multi lang input is NOT available on the T-Mobile OS. Also reply with your current OS version are add it to your profile.

Welcome to pinstack

Lewis no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    207BBC6D
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have read elsewhere on the stacks that the T Mobile Pearl OS 4.2 only comes with American English.

I can assure you that the Rogers OS comes with all or most language packs. In fact, it's a matter of deleting the languages you do NOT want.

Quote Originally Posted by hayden
    You'll most likely have to download a Multilang version from another carrier.
    For ex. O2
    Does anyone know what, if any, potential problems could come of this? In otherwords, if I change to another carriers OS, will my phone stop working properly?

Thanks

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask
    I doubt that it will cause any errors. I know a lot of Stackers have loaded their OS from carriers other than their own in the past and have had no problem. I've been using a different carriers OS on my BB for so long I can't remember which carrier it came from, have to look up the file name every time I need to post it. And I haven't had any problem with it.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

sepudo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I can confirm that the Tmobile OS only comes with support with english US and english united kingdom.
    this may be updated with an updated OS in the near future.

I got this info from a tmobile rep...a competent one at that, so this is 90% confirmed (=