Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone have problems with this? When trying to add my email account, it keeps telling ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

jagstrgrl no está en línea Stack level 1

adding Hotmail account

Advertisement

Anyone have problems with this? When trying to add my email account, it keeps telling me that with HOtmail, it requires a subscription and to go to upgrade on the MSN site. I went and did that and I still cant add it! It tells me the same thing every time I try!

charmed no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7A06F63C

Re: adding Hotmail account

when you try to synchronize your hotmail, did you got to subscribe to hotmail plus?? this is the only way for you to have enabled pop3 access. if you did not then you can try getting GetMail this will help you synchronize your hotmail free

CanI do that from my hotmail inbox (accessed form my computer)? I can't seem to find hotmail plus. Thanks so much.

ahh ok, I don't want to pay for plus! I'm going to look into that GetMail

I downloaded GEtMail to my computer, and am now just wondring how it will make my hotmail accesable on my bb without paying for hotmail plus? Thanks!

skinhead81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    254523AC

yeah unfortunately hotmail charge you sms rates and i'm led to believe that this doesn't come from your inclusive sms allowance either!
    "Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body"

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Quote Originally Posted by skinhead81
    yeah unfortunately hotmail charge you sms rates and i'm led to believe that this doesn't come from your inclusive sms allowance either!
    I am not sure about this.

My advice - move to yahoo or gmail if you can, they work great with your BlackBerry and are free to get on your BB.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

to make it push to your device, you had to have established an account prior to the "premium" services they offer at this point in time. i forget the amount of years ago that was but it was some time ago. i created mine 10 years ago and didnt have a problem having it sync to my pearl or 8800.

if you have a hotmail address it is not impossible to obtain it on your device, nor do you need to switch email addresses as advised above, but it does require you subscribe to the paid services via hotmail in order to receive emails.

to set it up, you just need to add the email through your wizard, though im not sure if that is standard with all device's other than tmo so im speaking from that perspective but, i simply added my email address, the password, voila....about 30 minutes later it worked.

most importantly, i have to stress that sms rates are entirely dependant on your carrier and your plan. i get charged zero ...zip...zilch for having my hotmail on my device.
    Last edited by littleacorn; 08-08-2007 at 09:34 PM.

skinhead81 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    254523AC

one other thing ... if your using blackberry ... why use hotmail ???
    "Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body"

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Quote Originally Posted by littleacorn
    if you have a hotmail address it is not impossible to obtain it on your device, nor do you need to switch email addresses as advised above, but it does require you subscribe to the paid services via hotmail in order to receive emails.
    Who would want to pay for this? When free services are available and are equal to the quality or exceeding the quality of Hotmail?

In my opinion I would rather use Gmail. Far better interface and easily customized. I use to have a hotmail account only because my email service was bought my Micro$oft. Shortly there after I stopped using the account. Just my two cents though.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

skinhead ^^ because i've had my hotmail for 10 years, like littleacorn - and everyone i know has it

i didn't have issues either setting mine up....still can't figure out why it works for some and others it doesn't...because i've also had people tell me that they have a semi-new acct with hotmail and they can still add it...

like melissa said, if you are having issues, i'd sign up for a different email, then just fwd your hotmail to that email, then it will get to your bb....i know, kind of long way to do it....

littleacorn no está en línea Stack Professional

skinhead ^^ because i've had my hotmail for 10 years, like littleacorn - and everyone i know has it
    exactly! my email remains the same when everything else has changed; addresses, phone numbers, cell numbers, states - countries- cities of residence. that email has stood firm.

i suggest the same as cherri. forward it.

Yeah, I just didn't want to have to pay to have email when I can/have had it for the past umpteen years for free. Oh well. Is it a 19.95 one time deal to switch to Plus? And what extra does plus even give you?

And to answer skinhead, everyone I know has my email address (hotmail) and I'd like to keep that stable. If I switched to my blackberry email address and then down the road got a phone that wasn't a blackberry, that address would do me no good!
    Last edited by jagstrgrl; 08-09-2007 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Automerged.

wayalex no está en línea Stack level 1

Hope this helps guys,
    Just spoken to o2 about the problems etc with adding hotmail to blackberry's. Apparently if you have a hotmail account over 4 years old then you can get it on your BB. otherwise it seems that Gmail is the only answer!

Am i right in thinking Getmail and such programmes need to be on a constantly live computer?

Thanks

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I could never get Getmail to work, but I would agree the PC would need to be on for it to work.

You have yahoo email and gmail as options that are free and work great with a bb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast