hi everyone, this is my first time posting at pinstack. let me just start out ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Adding email accounts (hotmail, yahoo, etc)

Advertisement

hi everyone, this is my first time posting at pinstack. let me just start out by saying i LOVE this bb pearl. its the most amazing phone i've ever used. i was a long time sprint owner, and treo 650/700 owner. i saw the pearl and had to switch over to tmo and get ahold of this pearl. by far the best smartphone out hands down

anyways, i have the 19.99 blackberry unlimited internet/email plan. i was able to add my corporate email account on here through outlook express and it works great. now my only issue is, when i try to link up my hotmail account i get this weird error saying it only works for Outlook Express or POP/ITP Emails or something like that. I called Tmo where i activated my phone and they just told me to make my hotmail account a POP email, i went to my hotmail account and tried to find anything with POP in order to activate it and couldn't, could someone give me a step by step on where to find and activate this for my hotmail and yahoo account?

i appreciate any help. thanks again. oh and by the way....bbpearlrox! woo hoo!

mrdeeno no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Adding email accounts (hotmail, yahoo, etc)

there is a (dis)agreement between hotmail and tmo, so t-mo's blackberry service doesn't support hotmail, even if you have the premium service. Most t-mo reps won't tell you/help you with this...i got the answer out of a blackberry rep.

there is a way around this...i found a program that will scan your hotmail at intervals you set and forward to another email address. I had it forwarding to my BB address, but recently changed it to my Gmail address...either way it now goes to my blackberry. Only downfall is you need the computer to be connected and running. I have it installed on my home computer so i'll find it when i get home.

you won't be able to reconcile yoru BB with your hotmail or anything with this program, but the program will mark the email as "read" or delete the email if you want. As long as I get my mail from hotmail, it's fine considering i'm migrating to Gmail anyway.

bbpearlrox no está en línea Stack level 3

thanks for your response.

thats kind of disappointing as i heard the raves about how great email is with the blackberry and it was an issue with my treos. and i switched because i really rely on my emails, and to switch over and find out how i can't "efficiently" stay connected to my emails that tmo states is a bit decieving.

all in all its okay as the one email that works that i input is my main email. is there another email that works? like gmail? i have the same error with yahoo mail, do they have this dis"agreement" as well?

Gmail works well. Yahoo works also. You should not get an error with Yahoo (i didn't) unless you set something up wrong.

I don't know what it is with Hotmail...i'm sure it's a problem on the microsoft end rather than the t-mo end. It worked when i was with Cingular, given that you pay for the "Premium" hotmail service which is bull in my opinion, so if an agreement is worked out between Tmo and hotmail, i'm sure hotmail would still require you pay for the premium service to get BB integration.

that's why I use my Gmail as my main email and just use that program to forward my hotmail to my gmail account until I can get all my mails migrated over.

just got home. The program I am takling about is called getmail for hotmail. It does just that...it gets your mail from hotmail and forwards it to another email address, so you can configure it to getmail and forward to your main address or your blackberry address.