Without giving up the default locations of the camera and voice dial convenience keys.... Is ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Wharfrat no está en línea Stack level 1

Add shortcut?

Advertisement

Without giving up the default locations of the camera and voice dial convenience keys....
    Is there a way to shortcut to apps using either screen icons or key combination taps?
    I use my cell phone as my alarm clock so I like to be able to navigate to it easily.
    Thank you

Re: Add shortcut?

Quote Originally Posted by EvolutionCSR
    If you got to Phone>Options>General Options>Turn "Dial From Home Screen" to no

This wont allow you to make any 3rd party app shortcuts but there are shortcuts for most useful BB apps (calendar, address book, browser, alarm, bb messenger and more).

if you go to Home screen some BB apps should have a letter highlighted in the name...thats the letter you hit for the shortcut.
    Thank you for your help.
    "Dial from Home Screen" was not there. But, I'm not sure that i was in the right place. This is my first BB so I'm not familiar with it yet. So...
    to get to "phone", i hit the green button, then the "menu" button which got me to a messaging drop down where i found"Options">general options which gave me auto answer and end calls,confirm delete,restrict identity, etc. Was my navigation faulty?

RemyKirin no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Quote Originally Posted by Wharfrat
    Thank you for your help.
    "Dial from Home Screen" was not there. But, I'm not sure that i was in the right place. This is my first BB so I'm not familiar with it yet. So...
    to get to "phone", i hit the green button, then the "menu" button which got me to a messaging drop down where i found"Options">general options which gave me auto answer and end calls,confirm delete,restrict identity, etc. Was my navigation faulty?
    the pearl does not have the option to disable dial from homescreen because of the suretype feature, there are a few threads around here that say this, and all of them say that the location of the option is phone>options>General for other BB

Quote Originally Posted by RemyKirin
    the pearl does not have the option to disable dial from homescreen because of the suretype feature, there are a few threads around here that say this, and all of them say that the location of the option is phone>options>General for other BB
    I'm just trying to get a shortcut on the desktop. I got it........organize applications.

Thanks all for your input.

gkg3059 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    204bd5f7

I like to use icon themes, that way I know where every app icon is

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Warfrat, Do you have a Curve/8300 or a Pearl/8100. the 8300 should have an option for dial from home screen in the General options of the Call Log (Phone) App Options. There should be 8 items listed there. The Dial From Home Screen option is #6.

I'm not sure if this works with the Zen or Today Plus themes but it does from the Icon Themes. The Alarm short cut is "R".

Hope this helps
    Rcbjr.
    Last edited by Rcbjr; 07-19-2007 at 06:32 PM.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

How is that you assign other 3rd party apps to specific keys as Evo notes above...? For example, I want to make 'j" a JiveTalk shortcut access key...

thx

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Scott, go back and read his post again. It says "Can't"

Sorry
    Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

- how embarrassing... eeekk!
    wishing for a self fulfilling prophecy i suppose - thanx Roger

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

The only solution I can think of is if you use PocketDay. This is an excellent third party program that will allow you to assign keys to apps from the home screen of PockDay. They have a free trial so it might be worth trying. http://blackberryshop.pinstack.com/product.asp?id=7065