Hi all. First of all, awesome web page. I have learnt so much reading the ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

Slug no está en línea Stack level 1

add email address to existing contacts

Advertisement

Hi all. First of all, awesome web page. I have learnt so much reading the posts it has been so helpfull.

I was wondering is someone would be able to help me with the following problem.
    My contacts on my sim card only has phone numbers. I want to add email adresses now that i have a BB. What is the best way of doing that?I would have thought up-loading the sim card up to the PC and entering the details then downloading back to the BB.

If it is possible can you step me through the process.
    Thanks in advance

nyydynasty no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: add email address to existing contacts

you have a couple options. If you want to add an email address to only a couple of contacts, then you can do that right on your phone. Just copy all your contacts from the SIM to the Address Book and then edit the contact that you want to add the email address.

OR

you can sync your address book with your PC (Outlook, for example) and add the email address to the contacts via Outlook and sync it back to your phone.

to sync, just install Desktop Manager, and use the "synchronize" icon to work the magic
    In the synchronize program settings, you'll see options to choose which program to sync with (outlook, etc...). just play around with it. its easy.
    www.iamletired.com
    ...come one, come all....

Slug no está en línea Stack level 1

Worked perfectly by syncing. Thank you so much for your help

robertmrome no está en línea Stack level 3

Another way to do this is through Yahoo Go 2.0... It allows you to wirelessly sync your contacts.

If you don't use Yahoo... you can always just use it for your contact backup. Just signup for a Yahoo ID then go to http://go.yahoo.com on your BB browser and click Get Yahoo Go.

The address book sync is a setting from the main menu.

Hope this helps!