Hey everybody. I just have a simple question that I've been wondering about for awhile ... BlackBerry Pearl forum

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

acronyms?

Advertisement

Hey everybody. I just have a simple question that I've been wondering about for awhile and just never asked. What does cmime and Cdma and all that stuff mean? I think there may have been one or two more but I can't think of them right off hand. Ill ask as I find them though. Thanks to anybody who can explain this to me.

dparks69 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    305f78fc

Re: acronyms?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ oh, anybody wouldn't happen to know where I could find a list of these and their descriptions as well?

Founder no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: acronyms?

Try http://www.acronymfinder.com/ for instance.
    Or http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/

Or just Google it...
    In space no one can hear you scream.

Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock Jelly Bean 4.3)
    Samsung GT-I9505 Galaxy S IV (stock KitKat 4.4.2)
    Samsung GT-I9100 Galaxy S II (CM 10.2)

DrKane no está en línea Stack level 2

Smile Re: acronyms?

Quote Originally Posted by dparks69 View Post
    Hey everybody. I just have a simple question that I've been wondering about for awhile and just never asked. What does cmime and Cdma and all that stuff mean? I think there may have been one or two more but I can't think of them right off hand. Ill ask as I find them though. Thanks to anybody who can explain this to me.

If you would like to read an article that discusses these terms in a bit more depth than just what the acronym stands for, may I suggest this one. I've written out the url below for those who need to copy/paste. Also, if you want to go directly to the explanation of terms like CDMA, then click here.

It's not overly technical and is meant to easily understood by non-technical people.

It is a bit long, but it is pretty well written, and if you are a technophile (like me), then it can make for a pretty interesting read. GSM, PCS, CDMA, TDMA, etc, are all explained pretty clearly, as well as basic stuff, such as: why are they called cell phones in the first place, and how a basic cell system operates. It's also broken down into small chunks, so you can skip to the parts you are interested in, if you want to save time.

I must warn you, however, that if you are the type of person that likes reading this stuff, then howstuffworks.com can suck you in and hold your interest for a LONG time!

For the record, I do not work for that site, or have any kind of association with them, other than being an avid reader.

LINK FOLLOWS:

http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/cell-phone.htm

DrKane no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs up Re: acronyms?

Quote Originally Posted by Founder View Post
    Thanks for those links, I was not aware of those sites, and I have a feeling that they will come in handy!